PDA

View Full Version : Awaiting Network Connection... Please wait...

chrkaise
04-28-2010, 07:35 AM
I know this is a repost, but CMON Ubi, help us here.

Is it because the servers are down? Maybe a website indicating so would help? Theres NO reason I shouldnt be able to play single player when my internet connection is fine and I meet your minimum requirements.

That being said, I meet your "recommended" systemn specs, and the game runs acceptably, although not on highest settings. Thats fine, my PC is 2 years old.

BUT PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS SERVER ISSUE. WE NEED A RESPONSE FROM UBISOFT ON THIS. Please find an english speaking employee and kindly ask them to post a sticky telling us what the issue is and why we cant play your game, and its a pretty decent game I will add imo... WHEN I CAN PLAY.

WELL, I guess this is why i bought BF:BC2

Sl0Way
04-28-2010, 07:48 AM
Na, they can't let us play it without a connection! Then the fearsome pirates will loot their tresurhold and rape their women! So the only way for Ubisoft and other gamedevelopers to succeed with anything is to screw their paying customers over as hard as they can. I bet the pirates will come up with a way to play the singleplayer way before Ubisoft even recognise the problem.

darnokz
04-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Well, this is not funny, now I cant play my copy of assassins creed 2 neither, I tought maybe its something wrong with my splinter cell so I checked assassins creed 2 and it has same problem , unable to connect to ubisoft server http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)) YEAH... 2 broken games ( Lucky me I finished assassins cree 2 like 1 month ago )

chrkaise
04-28-2010, 11:54 AM
if you are having issues with Assassins out of the blue also, im thinking its a server overload issue or something...

luckly when i tabbed back in after making that original post i was connected and at the main screen.

i would recommend changing or removing the background music on the awaiting connection screen so when people are tabbed out waiting for your servers to respond they can hear when they have finally connected. Im sure im speaking upon deaf ears though...

the reason i stopped playing just now was (you guessed it!) the game thought my internet connection was gone, and it paused it, then i clicked cancel and it booted me to desktop. pretty unnacceptable imo. and guess what, i immediately openjed my browser to come here and BEHOLD my internet connection was fine.... sigh