PDA

View Full Version : Could AC3 have multiplayer campain mode?

Neo_Age
12-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Something that I have noticed is that in Desmonds memories, we are playing a lone assassin taking out targets. Sure there are other assassins around but in a support capacity. In the present day though it seems the assassins work in teams of four and convienitly, Desmond is now in a team as the fourth man.

Do you think in AC3 we will see a multiplayer campain mode similar to Halo 3? IE it doesnt require you to have multiple players, but when you do characters X, Y and Z are present with you?

Fenro
12-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Doubt it, atleast id prefear my AC games as singleplayer games, they try to include multiplayer modes in to many games nowdays, making it somekind of unwriten rule that games suck if they lack Multiplayer or Co-OP which they realy dont..

A great example was Resident evil 5, i have platina on it and it was fun to play through with my friend, but it realy didnt feel like that lonesome survival horror/action game it once was.

Neo_Age
12-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Fenro:
Doubt it, atleast id prefear my AC games as singleplayer games, they try to include multiplayer modes in to many games nowdays, making it somekind of unwriten rule that games suck if they lack Multiplayer or Co-OP which they realy dont..

Im just thinking of all the strategic possibilities that could arise from having more then one assassin on the case. For an example you can have two assassins take out the guards on a roof, one go in for the kill and one standing at the door incase the target makes a B line for the exit, just to name one senerio.

Ascorius
12-04-2009, 10:29 AM
I dont think it will be implemented, the whole parkour system is fit for singleplayer, but horrible for multiplayer, you would get split up in seconds. Its just a bad idea overall, nothing with the game says co-op to me. Fps games are perfect for multiplayer, but I wouldnt like to see it in AC.

TooLazy4Name
12-04-2009, 08:08 PM
The fact is though, that multiplayer doesnt have to be played by the single player fans if they dont want to. if the devs implement it, and you dont wanna play it, okay, dont. i for one think that, if they make it where it doesnt lag, and, if they make pvp, make some changes so people wont stand there for hours waiting for someone to attack so they can counter attack, it would be pretty good.

Course, im also just a Multiplayer Fanatic, AC being the only single player only game i like, so yeah.

Rodriquezz
12-04-2009, 09:53 PM
The combat system is too terrible for a multiplayermode, without an improvement you can forget your dream.