PDA

View Full Version : The Last Assassin Standing

bradly.0
01-19-2011, 09:33 PM
I'd like to see Ubisoft try at an elimination mode for players who have already achieved the highest level. Here's my thought: no targets and no perks. See, in an elite training simulation, the hunt is dangerous. You have to assassinate or rape assigned players FROM BEHIND and can only be assassinated FROM BEHIND. Say a player engages you at a revolution greater than 90 degrees from behind. You immediately jump back and SLAY YOUR PURSER FIRST. Have you ever seen the dodging glitch? That's how the pros do it.

What happens when you die? Warming up the bench is boring, so you become a thief. To steal from assigned assassins, you ram them from behind while holding square and BOOK IT. It can suck for the players you rob, because they have to catch you before they can kill other assassins. (Red arrow is displayed over your head when you successfully rob someone so you can be pursued). This is where stun and perks come in. When there's a thief to catch, an assassin can only spare the trouble to incapacitate his pursuer. This means a reasonable strategy is to stay sharp and counter rape your pursuers, and take every opportunity to seek while your target is being distracted. A fair price to be THE LAST ASSASSIN STANDING!

Important to note: The only time you can use perks in this mode is when a player steals from you, putting your guard down.

najzere
01-19-2011, 10:52 PM
I don't get the need to only assassinate from behind. If your target doesn't spot you, what does it matter what direction death comes from?

Other than that, it sounds cool.

bradly.0
01-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by najzere:
I don't get the need to only assassinate from behind. If your target doesn't spot you, what does it matter what direction death comes from?

Other than that, it sounds cool.

Stealth. Suprisingly tealth is not yet a factor in ACB. You have the detection meter, but that only decides your points. It doesn't have anything to do with the interaction with your target when you press X. Don't you think if someone came at you with a knife you could do something like dodge the knife? My idea doesn't work without it- two players running at each other would mean a random victor gets the assassination. You could have a mode just like manhunt, but that detroys the elimination concept. So you see, it's either this or that.

najzere
01-19-2011, 11:39 PM
Why not just always face the camera behind you during a match so you can spin around and be unkillable when you spot your pursuer? Or stand with your back to the wall? Trust me, you can stealth kill someone from the front fairly easily in this game.

bradly.0
01-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Why not just always face the camera behind you during a match so you can spin around and be unkillable when you spot your pursuer? Or stand with your back to the wall? Trust me, you can stealth kill someone from the front fairly easily in this game.

Because this is the next level. What if you turn around to face who you think is following you, but it's just an NPC and your pursurser stabs you from the other direction? Or better yet, wait for a theif to steal from your target and stab from behind while he's pursuing the thief. There's also always aerial strikes- my favorite.

najzere
01-19-2011, 11:56 PM
So you're saying you can assassinate your target only when they have no idea where you are—as long as it's from behind. Got it.

bradly.0
01-20-2011, 12:04 AM
So you're saying you can assassinate your target only when they have no idea where you are—as long as it's from behind. Got it.

No, I'm saying that when your pursuer pulls out a knife, that's when you could do something, but you have no control over the animations because this game is not advanced. This is the solution to that problem. Maybe you should stick to the COD style.

obliviondoll
01-20-2011, 01:06 AM
I'm not surprised other people are having trouble figuring out what you're suggesting.

It sounds like You're having trouble figuring out what you're suggesting.

I get caught unaware by pursuers I walk into more often than ones who come up behind me.

This would make that impractical.

Also, if everyone just blended and waited for a target to cross their path (most stealthy option), the only way to find a target would be to catch them in a glitch, or when they kill someone else.

So I vote good sentiment, but bad idea for making it happen.

QuickBrittle
01-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by bradly.0:
I'd like to see Ubisoft try at an elimination mode for players who have already achieved the highest level. Here's my thought: No targets and no perks. In an elite training simulation, the hunt is dangerous. You have to assassinate or rape assigned players FROM BEHIND and can only be assassinated FROM BEHIND. Say a player engages you at a revolution greater than 90 degrees from behind. You immediately jump back and KILL YOUR ENEMY FIRST. Have you ever seen the dodging glitch? That's how the pros do it.

What happens when you die and are eliminated? Sabotage. Waiting and watching is boring, but sabotaging players who are still in the fight to become the last assassin standing by stealing from them is fun. Stealing from players puts they're guard down for one minute, making them normal targets who can only use stun and perks, unless they catch you. So there's no way that you can win by your own doing in that one minute penalty. So not only do players have to watch for other assassins, they have to watch for thieves too to become THE LAST ASSASSIN STANDING!

Important to note: The only time you can use perks in this mode is when a player steals from you, putting your guard down.

Can you please eff off with using rape as a term. It's borderline disgusting.

beacuase...
01-20-2011, 08:23 AM
It's a fairly suitable term for some of the thrashings I get in this game, though.

Just kidding, you heard the man.

bradly.0
01-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
I'm not surprised other people are having trouble figuring out what you're suggesting.

It sounds like You're having trouble figuring out what you're suggesting.

I get caught unaware by pursuers I walk into more often than ones who come up behind me.

This would make that impractical.

Also, if everyone just blended and waited for a target to cross their path (most stealthy option), the only way to find a target would be to catch them in a glitch, or when they kill someone else.

So I vote good sentiment, but bad idea for making it happen.
Obliviondoll, try to understand. My point is that the animation runs with you standing in front of your pursuer and getting stabbed. Since you show little to no resistance in the animation and always end up getting killed, it can only be assumed that this is not an elimination simulation for badasses who are always prepared and don't need smoke bombs and stun unless they're simultaneously trying to catch a thief. Besides, it's already in the game. There's an evade glitch. It's happened to me two times in Manhunt. You jump back every time someone motions to kill everyone else jumps back when you try to stun them. It doesn't look like a mistake. They just have to tie it with this mode where you don't get the kill if your target is revolved more than degrees towards your face. Every good game has some form of realism. Assassins Creed is no different, it can be one of the best.

StarScream391
01-20-2011, 07:35 PM
hmm...