PDA

View Full Version : F16_Dedicated players look here!

F16_Petter
12-06-2004, 12:32 AM
First of all I would like to thank all of you guys flying on our server, without you players it would be useless.

We have been running 50 player test and I am surprised to say that we have had the server full almost all the time!
(CET prime time)

After some testing we have noticed the following:

It seems that the lag is only player based, wich means that if you are experiencing warpy planes its caused by the connection of the client and not the server.

For example, a warpy plane will appear warpy to all players that can see it but rest of planes appear normally.

We will lower the ping limit kick from todays 600 to lower, this will affect only a few players not being able to play on our server, but will make the gaming experience lot better overall.

However we seem to have an issue where the server disconnects after a while, this seems to be some memory leak issue and hopefully it will be solved in a patch later on.

Also the mission cycle contains some bugs, the missions are not 50 player adapted, so some bugs may still be there, like not being able to select an airfield because it doesnt support more than 15 players etc.

We are working hard to solve these issues and we will tweak our maps during the week to fix most obvious bugs.

Once again thank you and I hope you have some patience.

Zen--
12-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Bump for a good server
<S>

TgD Thunderbolt56
12-06-2004, 11:58 AM
F16_dedicated is solid. Easily one of the 4-5 best.

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
12-06-2004, 12:01 PM
Great server Great Work Great maps http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

The.Tyke
12-06-2004, 12:33 PM
This is definately one of the best servers ! Hardly get any stutters and I like the idea of having short friendly icons and enemy icons off.
well done !
BTW, if you go on it. Don't forget their Teamspeak server.

F16_Petter
12-06-2004, 09:12 PM
thnx tyke, btw did you get that program i mentioned=?

We have now fixed all maps in rotation where you were not able to destroy artillery objects due to a bug in 3.02

Also we are going to add more admins to maintain order in the server, and set up a simple rules / guide section to our homepage to increase gameplay funfactor / realism.

Dont forget to check out our forums and register.
We are depending on the players thaugts and ideas.

The.Tyke
12-07-2004, 02:42 AM
Got the download thanks !
I've also downloaded from your web site, Teamspeak display. Which is really neat because it allows you to see who is actually talking, when your on line.

F16_Petter
12-12-2004, 12:43 PM
We are currently experiencing problems where the server gets an error msg from IL2dedicated server.exe and stops.

This causes players to time out and disconnect.
Unfortunately this problem is out of our control and we hope you enjoy flying while the server works.

Hopefully we will get rid of this issue with V3.03

Thank you for playing
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif