PDA

View Full Version : Securom question

bhunter2112
06-18-2007, 01:07 AM
I apparently have this doo doo on my computer. I only have two games on my PC. 46 and Theatre of war. Does anyone know which came with this security program? I try to launch 46 and I get a securom "insert disk" message when the disk is in.(TOW was a download game - no disk) Very annoying. If I can get rid of it can I play whichever game it came with? I always play offline. Maybe remove the cable? Help...

FluffyDucks2
06-18-2007, 02:47 AM
No securom on 46 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

rnzoli
06-18-2007, 02:51 AM
46 comes with Securom

There is a link on that error message, follow the tips offered there. I heard some DVD drives need firmware update, and you may contact Securom support too, if needed. Since many people have no problem with this at all, you are more likely to get better support from Securom, where know-how about the problems are accumulated.

MaxMhz
06-18-2007, 02:58 AM
The solution for you is most likely simple - go into device manager, set your IDE channel to use DMA mode instead of PIO. If the game would not load at all and you were running from a DVD RW drive you would need to update the drive's firmware/driver from the manufacturer's site.
There is no way to remove Securom. It's part of the program. The US retail version of 1946 has no Securom. All others do have Securom 7 protection.

Philipscdrw
06-18-2007, 08:09 AM
I thought it was possible to remove SecuRom? Certainly my installation doesn't require a CD but I can't remember how I set it up!

rnzoli
06-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Certainly my installation doesn't require a CD but I can't
remember how I set it up!
BSA is on their way to help you to find out.

bhunter2112
06-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Thank you all I actually bought the "european" DVD through gogamer before the us release. I will try a few of the above.

MaxMhz
06-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Philipscdrw:
I thought it was possible to remove SecuRom? Certainly my installation doesn't require a CD but I can't remember how I set it up!

I'm not taking the bait.
There is no way to remove Securom other than removing il2fb.exe.