PDA

View Full Version : no torpedo run in pearl harbour!!!!!

aminx
11-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Hi,
I tried setting up a mission reenacting the pearl harbour attack and much to my amazement i found out that the kates would drop the torps and thats it!!!!
Can anyone explain whats the trick, if any?
aminx

huggy87
11-14-2004, 11:11 AM
I don't really understand your message. 'Kates dropping torps' sounds normal to me. Are you saying they would not make runs on the ships and would just haphazardly drop them?

aminx
11-14-2004, 12:00 PM
hi,
they just drop them and thats it,they dissappear, no explosion, no wakes.Try setting up a simple one yourself and see the result.
Further you cant navigate into the port in or out!!!Talk about rushed products.
aminx

Tully__
11-14-2004, 12:04 PM
This is not a result of rushing the product, it's a result of building the product around the limitations of an existing game engine that was never designed to cope with shipping in confined harbours.

Tater-SW-
11-14-2004, 12:39 PM
Um, did you set the waypoints properly? Set the target for their attack?

I just popped into PF after reading this, and made a quick FMB mission where I have a dozen Kates attack BBs in Pearl with torps, no problem. They all dropped, they all hit.

tater

Maple_Tiger
11-14-2004, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aminx:
hi,
they just drop them and thats it,they dissappear, no explosion, no wakes.Try setting up a simple one yourself and see the result.
Further you cant navigate into the port in or out!!!Talk about rushed products.
aminx <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just finished a Pearl Harbor coop, and the Kate works fine.

You need use Target Set instead of using just the ground atack waypoint. Make sure they are no higher then 200m before and after the tagret. Also, give them enough time to line up.