PDA

View Full Version : For the Modelers!

Codex1971
05-28-2004, 08:11 AM
Just want to say that since flying IL-2 I have come back to modelling WWII aircraft.

I would like to tell those who delve into the hobby that Trumpeter's 1/32 scale P38J Lighting is one mean kit, extremely detailed, excellent finish and includes photo etched parts and rubber wheels! Yes it is expensive (AUS$140) but its well worth the $$$$. I can't wait to get it finished.

Codex

Codex1971
05-28-2004, 08:11 AM
Just want to say that since flying IL-2 I have come back to modelling WWII aircraft.

I would like to tell those who delve into the hobby that Trumpeter's 1/32 scale P38J Lighting is one mean kit, extremely detailed, excellent finish and includes photo etched parts and rubber wheels! Yes it is expensive (AUS$140) but its well worth the $$$$. I can't wait to get it finished.

Codex

Bo_Nidle
05-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Before the arrival of my 2 lads forced the closure of my model room followed by the discovery of the PC I too was an avid model maker.

Unfortunately most of my completed examples had to be stored in the attic and perished in a tragic loft insulating accident.I do however still have my P-51s and 1/15th scale figures in a display case in my living room.

With regards to the P-38 kit: Sounds very nice.A word of caution regarding its rubber tyres.I would recommend replacing them with resin aftermarket items (if there are any out yet).I had a couple of Hasegawa 1/48th F-14s and a 1/32nd F-86 all with rubber tyres.They look good at first but eventually they perish and crack.

I have found skinning to be a nice alternative to modelling and it has the added bonus of letting you fly it before the paints hardly dry.

Bo_Nidle

"You've got to treat your kite like you treat your woman.Get inside her five times a day and take her to Heaven and back"
Lord Flashheart RFC 1917

"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke