PDA

View Full Version : Simpler Engine Management Commands

elpcgringo
05-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Wow this game is incredible for the money. I like flying with my son on my LAN. However we do not want to have to deal with all the commands for managing the engine. Our joysticks allow for 12 programmable buttons. I have used them all for the main stuff, e.g. bomb sites, weapons, engines, bailout etc. I don't want to deal with all the other stuff, e.g. mixture, prop pitch, etc. Is there a way to limit the commands so you can just enjoy the game?

elpcgringo
05-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Wow this game is incredible for the money. I like flying with my son on my LAN. However we do not want to have to deal with all the commands for managing the engine. Our joysticks allow for 12 programmable buttons. I have used them all for the main stuff, e.g. bomb sites, weapons, engines, bailout etc. I don't want to deal with all the other stuff, e.g. mixture, prop pitch, etc. Is there a way to limit the commands so you can just enjoy the game?

Bobsqueek
05-10-2006, 01:01 PM
turn off complex engine management in the difficulty options.

elpcgringo
05-10-2006, 01:08 PM
With the complex engine management turned off, does that limit engine commands to just turning on/off and throttling or are there other commands I still need to worry about?

MrMojok
05-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Just off, on, and throttle.

Some planes may need a key mapped to "WEP" or boost or whatever.