PDA

View Full Version : Hand to Hand combat. Tips?

xxxGangrelxxx
12-01-2010, 02:44 AM
Hi, first time posting on the forum. Well, my one and only question is this; What's with the Hand to Hand combat/fist fighting?

I've been doing the fights where you can bet money, and you have to defeat a few mercenaries in a limited amount of time.

I've been trying to do combos to reduce the amount of time it takes to bring them down as they have quite a lot of health. But no matter what buttons I press, it doesn't seem to matter.

Currently I've found that kicking them often will keep them off guard and allow you to sucessfully beat the living bug juice out of them a little quicker. But sometimes they get lucky hits etc etc and it slows you down so much you still have 2 or more at full health by the time the round is over.

There's also those ones that keep dodging constantly, and no matter what I do, I can't get near them to hit them. (especially when fighting 5 guys, the last guy always seems to be the biggest wimp and dodges alot.)

Now, I do know how to sucessfully counter, and every now and then I hit the right trigger (xbox360), hold it down, and tap X right as one guy is trying to hit me from behind or to the side. Sometimes I block, and other times I counter... but most of the time, the hit doesn't connect, but I don't do anything either.

Am I doing anything wrong there? And if so, what is the best way to get combo's or at least bring them down the fastest? (I noticed they seem to be stronger than an elite assassin with years of training.. but oh well lol.)

I know I said I only had one question, but I lied... hehehe

Thanks in advance,
Gangrel.

DDarkLaw
12-01-2010, 04:15 AM
Try throwing sand at enemy's(press and hold X or square for X360\Ps3)

xxxGangrelxxx
12-01-2010, 04:31 AM
Thanks, I've started doing that. I've actually found the best way after surfing the web for a few hours. Apparently in AC2 if you hit the X button at the same moment as you punched your opponent, it allowed you to put together a combo. It still works in AC:B.

What I do now (versus 5 guys in the fight club) is Wait till they get close and throw sand, then tap X at regular intervals (Don't mash, try to space it a bit) and hope that due to the sand throw, I get a one hit kill right off (Happes 25% of the time). If not, just keep beating down the same guy till he drops. Once he is done, (and you blocked as many hits as possible without countering because it takes to long), kick the next guy, and then punch him till you get a combo. You MUST kick each opponent at least once. For some reason kicking them helps in starting a combo. The hardest guy to get is the one that dodges a lot. Hopefully you'll be lucky and kick his as he tries to throw sand (that's his weakness). Once he is kicked, punch the crap out of him. However, you're going to lose a lot because of him, he dodges non stop a lot of the time. It's esiest to hit him near the outside of the ring, because he can't back away as much... Sometimes you get a lucky hit there. If you can't kick him, but do get a punch in, don't stop to try and kick him, you can combo on him without a kick really easy. Once you have him, he's easy, it's getting him that's the hard part.

Just thought I'd let everyone know incase they have the same trouble. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DDarkLaw
12-01-2010, 04:38 AM
The AC2\AC1 Combo system was removed in ACB .in ACB you just mash the Hit Button and then get a combo.
Thanks for the tips (tho I already done that)
It will help others http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SteelCity999
12-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Another thing to add in to the discussion is that if you can get a mercenary turned around and his back is towards you, you can attacjk him and take him out in one punch - much like when you are in combat with guards and can just skewer them with your sword. Its not easy to do but if you see the opportunity you may want to try it. That eventually how I ended up winning the hardest one - I got 2 of them out with one punch.