PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with Cyborg 3D?

ArielSharon1978
11-08-2004, 09:50 PM
Its somewhat old i guess for u aces. but it has 9 buttons, **** + button ability, 8 way pov, throttle, rudder.

Anyone use this Joystick or am i playing with a relic?

I got it years ago becuase i was left handed and it has the little tool it comes with whre u can reverse everything

ArielSharon1978
11-08-2004, 09:54 PM
http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/cyborg_gold.htm

this is the joystick, should be adequate no?

Tully__
11-08-2004, 10:51 PM
I used to have one. Nice stick for the price http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TheVoodooPriest
11-09-2004, 01:40 AM
I use the Cyborg Evo.
It's really a good stick, absolutly all that I need. A little too light perhaps but thats not a big problem.

Yellonet
11-09-2004, 02:12 AM
I have the Cyborg 3D, it's a good stick overall.

The main things that I have against it is that the throttle and the twiststick has no distinct stop.
Also the "Saitek stick stick"* can be a problem, but it is easy solved with some wax or similar product.

* The plate which the spring is pushing on sometimes create quite a lot of friction against the base of the stick, this makes the stick stick, which in turn makes smooth movement impossible (almost anyway).

DeerHunterUK
11-09-2004, 06:30 AM
Having had virtually every incarnation of the Cyborg, I'll give you this piece of advice.....BUY THE SAITEK EVO INSTEAD!!! Yes, it's a little bit more pricey than the Cyborg but it is better in terms of build quality and button layout. The only downside to the Evo is the fact they've placed the throttle in an odd place, but it's not too bad as to put me off recommending it.

Kapt_A
11-09-2004, 06:45 AM
Good Stick.
Very pleased with mine.

antifreeze
11-09-2004, 02:25 PM
You will find it hard to get a replacement though, when it finally breaks. They stopped making them as far as I know, and all the shops are pushing the Evo now.
I prefer the cyborg gold to the Evo. I use two cyborgs; one for controlling aircraft movement, and the other for looking around. Not looking forward to getting another make of joystick when they break.

smithcorp
11-10-2004, 03:26 AM
I still use one (I'm left handed) - good stick, never had problems with in PF or other sims.

ArielSharon1978
11-13-2004, 12:25 AM
Ok so the EVO

There are 3 types of EVo right?

-a cheap one
-A force back USB wired one (which is $10 more tehn wireless)
-and a wirless one that doesnt have force back.

Should I get teh wired FOrce Back or the wireless?

and is there a site where players post there control settings? I am quite a noob and am not sure what settings are most important in battle?

-also Why do i overheat so fast? is it radiator? I try to go into battle with a 30% pitch and 85% throttle, then raise everything and WEP bost and i can only last for like 10 secs without overheat.

I know these questions are annoying but, could help me a lot.

also should gunsight adjustments (increasing distance, velocity, right to left) be on my joystick buttons?