PDA

View Full Version : Bombsight

merkava42
12-08-2004, 01:13 PM
How does the B25 bombsight work?
For example where can I see the increase/decrease altitude and the sight velocity?
Are there a similar bombrun "track" like with the he-111 somewhere?

merkava42
12-08-2004, 01:13 PM
How does the B25 bombsight work?
For example where can I see the increase/decrease altitude and the sight velocity?
Are there a similar bombrun "track" like with the he-111 somewhere?

merkava42
12-09-2004, 04:19 AM
No answer probably my own fault for not explain precise what Im looking for.

Ok I want to use and practice the B-25 so I really know how to use it most effective. I have read the manual over and over. But as in my first thread I cant find the instruments an/or digits that show that I have made corrections to the Norden bombsight.

Even though Im not gonna use a german bombflight I have tried the heinkel 111 system where the bomb-mechanism is detailed with nobs and all that shows ones correction when making prebaration for a bombrun.

Of course I have noticed that sight distance and sight control left/right are shown in the actual lens-sight in the B-25 but the rest I cant locate.
So my question is where are these nobs and increase/decrease markers located next to the Norden sight like with the He111 system?
I cant be the only one that want to make precise bombattacks.

Drilling_857
12-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Merkava,

You need to map the keys for the bombsight controls, however if you have used the he-111 bombsight then you should already have the keys mapped. Both planes use the same increase/decrease keys whether you are in the bombardier's position or the pilots seat.

It sounds like from you post that you want to see and turn the knobs on the sight itself, well you can't as only key presses work just as all the other aircraft controls in the sim.

Hope this clears things up a bit for you.

Edit: just reread your post, you have to be looking into the lens occullar to see the cross hairs, sight angle adjustment and drift move when you press the corresponding keys.

S! Drilling