PDA

View Full Version : Questionable lag

RangerRico
01-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Just finished playing a match of chest capture where I was walking with nobody around me and got stunned out of nowhere and nobody was there to stun me. It actually happened three times, and one of my targets teleported, and nobody died, so it wasn't an auto switch thing. Has this happened to any of you? Do you think it could be purposeful lag or just a bad connection?

BeCk41
01-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Actually I have been stunned by a couple of people from what seems like outta nowhere, they pop right by me then kind of drift sidways and dissappear. I really think it's just a connection glitch, or it might be something more. Did you see the person stun you RangerRico, or were they actually completely invisable?

RangerRico
01-20-2011, 10:31 PM
2 of the times, 1 time I just fell

E-Zekiel
01-20-2011, 10:35 PM
I gave chest capture ( and AC:B multiplayer) a break for a few days. Seems laggy lately and I figure it's because of all the people playing Chest Capture.

MrGerbz
01-20-2011, 10:41 PM
Could be a lag switcher.

W.E.S.P
01-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by W.E.S.P:
Ive seen some weird since yesterday.

Blue Glows round people constantly
NPC on roofs
Invisible players
Players stuck in floors
Taking the lead in games that havent started
Guy jumps about 20ft out of haystack
People flying
Crazy speed runners
Spawning into pursuers

Ive seen a few of these before but not to this extent. Still playing it though.

Reign
01-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by RangerRico:
Just finished playing a match of chest capture where I was walking with nobody around me and got stunned out of nowhere and nobody was there to stun me. It actually happened three times, and one of my targets teleported, and nobody died, so it wasn't an auto switch thing. Has this happened to any of you? Do you think it could be purposeful lag or just a bad connection?

Had this happen to me the other day, I was in a Wanted match. I kept hearing this one guy cursing at me and calling me names everytime I killed or stunned him. And then at the end when the mics opened up and I could hear him without range being involved he was cursing about me being invisible. Not sure how it happened but can guarantee it was not on purpose.

Then yesterday for the first time ever I ran into one of these Predator-esque invisible players. I was playing Wanted and hunting my target the Courtesan, so I slowly make my way to the area where they are. Then my compass goes bright and I see a group with 2 non target persona's and one Courtesan, there is no other hide spots near the area so it had to be my target. Or so I thought.

Going on what my eyes and compass are telling me I make my way over towards the group. As I get near but just out of assassination range I am stunned from behind by the Courtesan who was NOT there when I approached from that direction. I would have had to walk right by or through her and I'm not so oblivious I would have missed that.

Why this happens I have no idea, but I can tell you for sure (since I am one) there are legit players being affected by this. I am guessing it has to do with connection issues since in the same match with the invisible Courtesan I got yanked back into a haystack from 50 feet away.

Just Krispy
01-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Yesterday in a manhunt game we played offense for one complete round. Then the round ended and we went to the game lobby and I switched my profile to the defense one and the game started again and said "round 1"...we had just finished round 1...then we got the server issues error mode and I lagged out of the match.

SilentBobBMFJ
01-22-2011, 05:03 AM
Today I was playing Manhunt, and I stood next to an NPC. When one of the pursuers rounded the corner, it appeared as though he was killing the NPC (I couldn't tell because I was backed up against a tent and my camera was all weird), but regardless, I threw down a SB and proceeded to stun him, to which the voice said "stun". Then all of a sudden I'm being killed. Lag, right?

SilentBobBMFJ
01-22-2011, 05:08 AM
Another lag story, and this is one I don't understand how it's possible, is I used a lift to get to the roof, and not more than 2 seconds later was the guy behind me killing me on the roof. And I was a good amount up on the roof, so I'd say he had to have used the lift 1.0-1.5 seconds after me, which is impossible; lag can't decrease the time of the lift reset.

I wish this game had replay (watch the entire match over from anybody's perspective), as I think it'd be extremely useful in this game. I could have watched from this guy's perspective.