PDA

View Full Version : Il-2 1946 Question

Katczinsky
06-12-2007, 12:44 PM
I have a question regarding the single player campaign. Every time I come close to the main objective in the single player campings it says,
"Mission Complete: Secret Target Complete". This always happens before I even shoot at the target I do not understand how I completed the mission if the target is left untouched! In the original Il-2, I had to destroy the target before being allowed to finish the mission and apply it to my profile. The debriefing screen also says something like "better luck next time" even though it says I complete the mission. This happens on all the missions not just the recon ones. The new Il-2 (1946) does not make any sense, or at least the single player doesn't.

thanks

triad773
06-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Yeah I've had that happen before with some dynamic campaigns. I think what it means that you have lived thru a mission, even if you failed to shoot at anything. I've learnt that if I get thru a mission and it says stuff like that and I HADN'T shot at anything, that the DGEN (Dynamic Campaign Generator) tried pulling a fast one- so I say "Don't Accept" and try again hoping that the next time you can shoot at something with better results.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Triad

Katczinsky
06-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks a lot man that was kind of weird how they
structured the campings like that.

Skycat_2
06-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Sometimes there are secondary goals put into missions, like destroy a Storch that just happens to be in the neighborhood. Maybe one of your AI friends shot it down, that kind of thing.

Swivet
06-12-2007, 09:45 PM
I think there is a setting in your options that says "Instant Success"?..Maybe that's the culprit http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif..but i'm not sure if that's what's giving you the messages.

Xiolablu3
06-12-2007, 10:19 PM
SOmething to do with 'no instant success'?

Il2 is such an open ended game that little errors like this will creep in.

Forget it and move onto the next mission.

ALso some missions, as long as you reach the target, you have done the mission, whether you hit it or not (Your teammates may have hit it).