PDA

View Full Version : switching cockpits...how???

GAU-8
09-16-2005, 05:20 AM
ok so for a few years ive been playing this sim, and from time to time i try to figure out how to jump to different cockpits in game.

HOW???

at the control panel, it says
cockpit 1 numpad xx
cockpit 2 numpad xx
cockpit 3 numpad xx
etc
etc
etc....

ive tried all sort of different key bindings, switching. i have yet to be able to view thru another cockpit other than my own. this is during flight, or if my person/AC is dead.

its been in the game, what 4+ years and i still cant figure it out. or is this one of those things that was in the game, but not actually implemented?

sure makes movie making hard when you got the perfect angle, but you cant get front row seat to capture it. and trying to do it manually..just never works out right http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

GAU-8
09-16-2005, 05:20 AM
ok so for a few years ive been playing this sim, and from time to time i try to figure out how to jump to different cockpits in game.

HOW???

at the control panel, it says
cockpit 1 numpad xx
cockpit 2 numpad xx
cockpit 3 numpad xx
etc
etc
etc....

ive tried all sort of different key bindings, switching. i have yet to be able to view thru another cockpit other than my own. this is during flight, or if my person/AC is dead.

its been in the game, what 4+ years and i still cant figure it out. or is this one of those things that was in the game, but not actually implemented?

sure makes movie making hard when you got the perfect angle, but you cant get front row seat to capture it. and trying to do it manually..just never works out right http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

rnzoli
09-16-2005, 05:32 AM
I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean changing from pilot position to bomber/navigator and gunner seats?

Or do you mean switching to the cockpit (pilot position) of other aircraft?

The former works easiest with the default key 'C'. The latter is impossible IMO.

-HH- Beebop
09-16-2005, 06:38 AM
Maybe because it's a Russian made game....I don't know....."Cockpit" just means another position in the plane your flying if there are multiple positions.
Like being able to control 6 engines, there are more positions available than there are in any plane currently in the game.

As rnzoli said, changing positions is done by using the default 'C' key. Just keep pressing. The reason that "Cockpit #2", "Cockpit #3" etc. are there is so you can bind 'hotkeys' to go directly to a certain position.

Unlike EAW and some other flight games, this sim does not allow you to switch between planes.

GAU-8
09-16-2005, 10:31 PM
i know to use the "C" key for aircraft position.but why have the "cockpit jump to" option, if it doesnt work? maybe this was something mis-translated, and never taken out, or a funtion that didnt wor properly, yet never fixed.

EDIT your right Beebop. "C" was to cycle thru different positions of the A.C, while "jump to cockpit" meant to specifically select a position you wanted, in the A/C without having to use the cycle key "C". and not meaning a "switch to ANOTHER aircraft" like EAW.

bummer