PDA

View Full Version : CH Throttle Quadrant Question

gothkrieger
06-22-2011, 10:22 PM
CH Throttle Quadrant
Thinking of using this for a single engine fighter (Me109), can the levers be used for Throttle, Prop Pitch, Elevator Trim, Flaps? Don’t know what I will use the 6th lever yet.
My concern is with the “physical detents” in each lever. I imagine they are toward the end of the lever travel, which makes sense for Throttle but not much for the other controls. Is anyone using this Throttle in this way? Are the detent locations an issue?

RS_Deacon
06-23-2011, 03:50 AM
I have one that I use for all 3 trim axis, Prop Pitch, and Radiator.

Warthog Throttle.

Works great!

gothkrieger
06-23-2011, 09:34 AM
The Warthog seems like it would make a nice throttle it's just that I can't afford that so I was hoping to pick up a CH one,

horseback
06-23-2011, 10:14 AM
I have the CH Throttle Quadrent, and it is usable for trim and such, although it is better for Throttle, Prop Pitch and flaps than trim, IMHO.

The detents are at the bottom of the lever travel, and can work as 'buttons' at those positions.

cheers

horseback

Banger2004
06-27-2011, 05:10 AM
I find the quadrant is great for most things, even for trim (I use one lever for rudder trim). Also the 6 2-way switches are great for engine start, gear, bomb doors or whatever. The sim recognises the hardware easily.

Go for it.