PDA

View Full Version : Engine managment

bombadier1981
03-26-2005, 07:59 AM
Hey guys... I remind you that i am very new in this forum and the game( i really hope i'm not bugging you)and i have to ask some questions about the engine managment.....

1) When do i need to use the magnetos??? When in 1+2 position, when 2 position and when 1 position.

2)About the superchangers... I go to higher level when i reach higher altitude??? How is that going to effect the plane anyway???

3) About the prop. pitch... When do i need to change it??? I understand that it is different from throtle but if i leave the throtle to maximum and just changing the prop. pitch, wouldn't that be the same???

I really really thank you again guys for all your help!!!

The only good thing in this hole n00b situation is that at least i learn fast...

thanks again...

bombadier1981
03-26-2005, 07:59 AM
Hey guys... I remind you that i am very new in this forum and the game( i really hope i'm not bugging you)and i have to ask some questions about the engine managment.....

1) When do i need to use the magnetos??? When in 1+2 position, when 2 position and when 1 position.

2)About the superchangers... I go to higher level when i reach higher altitude??? How is that going to effect the plane anyway???

3) About the prop. pitch... When do i need to change it??? I understand that it is different from throtle but if i leave the throtle to maximum and just changing the prop. pitch, wouldn't that be the same???

I really really thank you again guys for all your help!!!

The only good thing in this hole n00b situation is that at least i learn fast...

thanks again...

FoolTrottel
03-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Try reading Complex Engine Management IL2 Forgotten Battles (http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_cem.htm)
Written by Jeff "Vulgar" Gerhardt

Have Fun!

FoolTrottel
03-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Try reading Complex Engine Management IL2 Forgotten Battles (http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_cem.htm)
Written by Jeff "Vulgar" Gerhardt

Have Fun!