PDA

View Full Version : DCG Carrier Speeds

Pres.Clinton
04-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Is there a way to make the carriers steam faster. The are not going full speed and thus reducing my maximum take off weight. I am flying the F4u,

STENKA_69.GIAP
04-08-2005, 05:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pres.Clinton:
Is there a way to make the carriers steam faster. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, just go in the Full Mission Builder,
click on each carrier waypoint, show object and change speed in the waypoint tab to the maximum that it will allow (Eg. 57 Kmh in Akagai if I remember right).

Next you can move the waypoints to make the carrier head into the wind.

For example on Solomon islands map the prevailing wind is North so point carrier south.

Wind will increase depending on time of day and weather.

So if you put the Agakai southwards, at 07:30 in a storm you can get 70Km/hr airflow over deck - gusting to 90 Km/hr occasionaly.

Tully__
04-08-2005, 07:57 AM
If you're going to use FMB to change it, just make every carrier waypoint 100km/h. The FMB will automatically reduce it to the maximum that the vessel concerned can maintain.

Pres.Clinton
04-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Sorry I ment how do you increase the speed in a DCG Campaign.

duffys_tavern
04-08-2005, 09:36 AM
You mentioned the, prevailing wind, on the Solomon Island's map. How can we tell which direction the wind is blowing on any given map at various times of the day? Would really like to know this. Thanx

LEXX_Luthor
04-13-2005, 07:48 AM
*thump*

Good Question. I never play DCG myself, but it would be interesting to see if this is possible.

STENKA_69.GIAP
04-14-2005, 04:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by duffys_tavern:
You mentioned the, prevailing wind, on the Solomon Island's map. How can we tell which direction the wind is blowing on any given map at various times of the day? Would really like to know this. Thanx <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not documented anywhere - to check the wind on a map at a certain time of day go into FMB place a carrier heading north at 0 km/hr, put a plane on it then play to test. You will see the airspeed on your speedbar. Repeat south, west east.

I believe wind is strongest in the early morning. Certainly it increases as you make the weather worse.