PDA

View Full Version : Trimming an HE111

FunGus1968
12-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Hello all. Hope you're having a good Holiday.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on trimming the HE111 and using the bombsight.

I can trim the plane well enough to fly in formation but not well enough to use the bombsight. I find that I can sufficiently stabilize the plane so that I get the bombsight crosshairs but I usually loose them when I'm about 45 degrees from the target.

(I've already read the HE111 tutorials at airwarfare.com and they were very useful.)

So for those who fly this bird, please tell me what the secret is:

Do you trim the rudder... do you have different power settings for the engines, what about prop pitch... fuel mixture... etc?

I would love some details.

Thanks.

FunGus1968
12-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Hello all. Hope you're having a good Holiday.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on trimming the HE111 and using the bombsight.

I can trim the plane well enough to fly in formation but not well enough to use the bombsight. I find that I can sufficiently stabilize the plane so that I get the bombsight crosshairs but I usually loose them when I'm about 45 degrees from the target.

(I've already read the HE111 tutorials at airwarfare.com and they were very useful.)

So for those who fly this bird, please tell me what the secret is:

Do you trim the rudder... do you have different power settings for the engines, what about prop pitch... fuel mixture... etc?

I would love some details.

Thanks.

WWSensei
12-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Look in controls for the Level Stabilizer. Use that to stabilze flight and rudder trim to align.