PDA

View Full Version : Editing IA pilot names in PF

elvisdaking
09-30-2006, 04:13 AM
Hi Gents,

I play sometimes PF and I'm going to make an Pacific Fighter AAR on a friend's blog.
I would like to modify/edit the list of predefined pilot names to include my friend's names.

Is this possible ?
Which file need to be modified ?

Re : I play PF stand alone in a US Navy campaign

Thanks in advance for your help

Elvis Rules The Skies

elvisdaking
09-30-2006, 04:13 AM
Hi Gents,

I play sometimes PF and I'm going to make an Pacific Fighter AAR on a friend's blog.
I would like to modify/edit the list of predefined pilot names to include my friend's names.

Is this possible ?
Which file need to be modified ?

Re : I play PF stand alone in a US Navy campaign

Thanks in advance for your help

Elvis Rules The Skies

Blottogg
09-30-2006, 05:17 AM
Welcome to the forums your majesty. The lists of pilot roster names are arranged by nationality in C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\DGen for my merged install. I don't have PF installed as a stand-alone, but the directory path for you should be similar (C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\Pacific Fighters\DGen perhaps.) For the American names, make a backup copy of the file Americans.dat and put it somewhere other than the DGen folder, in case the editing does something bad. Then open it with notepad and change the names to your liking, save, and close.

I don't know if it will replace names already in your campaign roster (those are recorded elsewhere, so I doubt it) but the new names should be used for replacements, and in new campaigns you start. If you run into problems, delete the modified file and replace it with the saved copy of the original. Good luck.