PDA

View Full Version : What do you feel about the game?

znork
04-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Yes a touchy feel pool, i want you do put a number on you feeling the game will be. This is youre gut fealing. Try beeing honest and feel free to post youre reason for youre vote.
Ill try to give som meangifull numbers so you can try to say what you feel.10 best game ever 1 wourste game in history

znork
04-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Yes a touchy feel pool, i want you do put a number on you feeling the game will be. This is youre gut fealing. Try beeing honest and feel free to post youre reason for youre vote.
Ill try to give som meangifull numbers so you can try to say what you feel.10 best game ever 1 wourste game in history

OmegaZoa
04-28-2011, 03:11 PM
10? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif too many, cant compute, too many options. *clicks random* phew that was difficult!

KingImp
04-28-2011, 03:20 PM
For me, it's hard to pick a number because of your descriptions. You have Heroes IV at 8 and Heroes V at 5, but to me V was much better than IV.

znork
04-28-2011, 03:21 PM
so you wanted to post 8?
bether pole now?

KingImp
04-28-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm wavering between 6 and 8 right now. It's looks great, but there are little things that lessen my excitement like the number of factions, the paltry amount of neutral units, the miniscule amount of maps we are getting, the awful town window that is showing no signs of improvement, etc. Stuff like that.

znork
04-28-2011, 03:26 PM
go for youre gutt

KingImp
04-28-2011, 03:28 PM
I decided I had to go 6. At the end of the day, even though it looks better than H5 does, it feels like a step backwards in some regards.

That said, once we finally get to try the beta, my opinion may change. Hopefully for the better.

srendrag80
04-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Gut on the game only, all other bull aside. Me gut says 8 (although with the delays I hope a 12 lol)

BlueLore
04-28-2011, 04:48 PM
I gave it a 7,because like KingImp already said it looks really like a step backwards in some aspects,but looks much better in some other cases.

My main problems were:
-only 5 factions(I am a fan of having a huge amount of different factions)
-I don't like some of the units(or I think they could be better),be it because of their design,name or because of the creature itself.(My problem with the creatures is mostly because I am a mythology fan and so I don't really like it if creatures are invented or if the creature is based on one of the mythology is somehow changed for no special reason).
-because of the town windows
-rather few maps and no RMG

My main plus points are:
-many heroes and really cool ones too
-even though I dislike some units there are of course also units I like
-Some other new mechanics,like the new tier system,or the new skill system
(-better Map-creator,but since we havn't seen anything of the map creator yet,I can't really judge this)

All in all it was hard if I choose,I couldn't decide wether to give it a 6 or a 7,but I chose 7 because I think,that expansions may fix some of my complaints and that most of them don't bother me that much:
-the fact that there are only 5 factions is kinda balanced out by the huge amount of heroes,which makes the factions even more replayable and I think and hope,that future expansions will bring us more factions
-my disliking of some units is rather normal,as I never liked every unit in any heroes game
-the town window isn't that much of a big deal for me
-and the missing RMG is also not that bad,even if the mapcreator is still too complex for me(I am not that good at such things),because I can simply download maps from other people through the internet...

Alderbranchh
04-28-2011, 10:13 PM
5... great games dont have damage-intervals which in turn makes them balanced most of the time. They also dont have luckeffects that means it can make or break the game.

Other than that its all good.

Roseluxe
04-29-2011, 02:55 AM
I gave 5... now I feel like I am at the crossroad: to buy or not to buy. Now Heroes have a really beautiful graphic but what other pluses can I see? Almost none... I didn't take in consideration number of fractions or their units( this is all up to developers to decide(well, if only their changes wouldn't make game stupid)).
Major minuses from my point of view are:
-Lack of REAL townscreen
-Cancelling ATB system( yes, I prefer dynamic turn-based battles over normal one unit-one action)
-Decreasing amount of resources(no matter how many times they would try to tell about improving gameplay with this it's just sounds fishy)
-new skilltree(skillpanel(O_o)) without random(c'mon, fixed skill choosing was never a Heroes thing)
-new magic system(O_o)
-they discarded towers from castles... what are they thinking?)))
- some units just don't look good though on art they were excellent(e.g. spring spirits... on art they had water all over body and that was cool but 3D-model looks like a holographic ghost)

And now things I'n not so sure about....
-Two types of heroes( if only they would improve Heroes 3 system and make a really interesting skilltree to choose skills from for every type of hero then good, but....)
-Converting towns( I shall try it first before I could say something about it but my gut doesn't like it)
- fort system with resourses( sounds good but something scratches my happiness)
-fraction special abilities( are they only about active skills on battlefield or..)

So in conclusion when I first have heard about Heroes 6 and seen first trailer I was happy.. But the more time pass the more new info reveals the more my mood darkened... Those radical changes may kill the game...
So I gave just 5 points...And something whispering me that this mark is high enough and all because HOMM great hystory of previous games and my hope)))...

Elementalist.
04-29-2011, 04:01 AM
This game had the potential for an easy nine, all it would take is get feedback on a few things before going ahead and a bigger budget. So many good things but at the same time many bad decisions that could and should have been avoided. I believe the release will be a seven.

Mind you I'm pretty optimistic about how the game will play out but it's a shame because it could have been so much more. And it just might given a little time.

Dreamwright
04-29-2011, 05:18 AM
No way I'm rating it at this point. When my gut twists all over the place you know it's still too early to tell how it will go. Could range anywhere from six to ten. Full of potential, just not properly realised yet. The big delay will certainly fix a lot of problems though.

Nxss
04-29-2011, 06:13 AM
I'm with Dw. I would prefer to rate the game after I play as it is a little hard to rate it just on the info and screen shots. Although, most of you have no problem doing so. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

znork
04-29-2011, 06:21 AM
i want youre impresion on what you have seen so far. Its a what youre gutt is telling you right now.

Nxss
04-29-2011, 07:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by znork:
i want youre impresion on what you have seen so far. Its a what youre gutt is telling you right now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well since you are forcing me, hehe, I will tell ya my thoughts. I would rate it a 7.5 or 8 right now as I do like all of the screens, vids, and the info on H6 thus far. Sure, I would like to see the town screen full screen, but that makes no difference to me. I also like how they have redone the skills. Not sure about the needing the town to collect resources yet and less of them, but I am OK with that as well right now. Also, I really like how the Town portal is done. Sure it is like five where you are just transported to the nearest one, however, you can build those transportation buildings to get to the others. I don't remember seeing anything about caravans or taverns. Those are rather important to me.

It should say something that I have pre-ordered two deluxe editions and have not cancelled them nor will I. I would buy it today if they would let me. Now, after I play, some opinions may change. I would still buy it though. I just love Heroes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Fyrestorme
04-29-2011, 07:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by znork:
What do feel right now about the game?
1 (5%)
10 Best game Im the history of games
2 (10%)
6 (30%)
5 (25%)
1 (5%)
4 (20%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (5%)
0 (0%)
1 This is end of all heros
See Poll Form </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, I'M the history of games!!! mwahahaha...

seriously though, i think they need to go back to a more classical/high fantasy, medieval gothic theme for the heroes genre.

personally i'm looking for a good spiritual successor to heroes 2 (which hasn't yet been done IMO)

Destruction3402
04-29-2011, 08:27 AM
Gave it a careful 7.. Could easily turn into a 8 or 9.

Fidozor
04-29-2011, 09:45 AM
gave it a 7

graphics look real nice but overall game play seems to be getting simplified quite a bit..

Decepticats
04-29-2011, 09:56 AM
I can't really confidently give this game any kind of score until I am able to play that beta I preordered exclusively to get access to. Ubi is getting a 2 from me on communication. But Black Hole is getting a 7 for the quality of the screenshots and videos I've seen.

Also to Alderbranchh: Random effects are part of RPG/TBS games as are damage ranges. Damage ranges aren't that big of a deal since they average out over time. Luck Effects can become less random (or could in H5 and H3) by getting yourself the luck skill.

belgarath21
04-29-2011, 01:09 PM
I don't feel comfortable giving the game a score until it is released and I've either played it for a couple of weeks, or read a half-dozen professional reviews.

cossacking
04-29-2011, 01:14 PM
5. I don't like the style (yeah, I said it again) and that's the only thing I can evaluate at the moment.

Niphire
04-30-2011, 12:53 AM
I'll give it an 8 for now, although that grade won't probably be complete until after 2nd expansion. I actually like the graphics and style, and I find the new elements interesting. Lack of factions is a big issue. I play H5 sometimes and I often find myself flickering between factions I'm kinda tired of playing and factions I don't really want to play. I don't think I have the same problem with H2 or H3 though, so it might be a H5-specific problem. Anyhow, if I'm tired of 8 factions that fast, how long will 5 factions keep my interest? This could be a smaller issue than I believe if each faction has more depth and balance to it (for example I always always get logistics and luck in H5 because it's insane; you get luck rolls like 70% of the time if you max it.) So while I think it's going to be a good game in the end, I'm not overly positive at the moment.

BlueLore
04-30-2011, 04:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Niphire:
I'll give it an 8 for now, although that grade won't probably be complete until after 2nd expansion. I actually like the graphics and style, and I find the new elements interesting. Lack of factions is a big issue. I play H5 sometimes and I often find myself flickering between factions I'm kinda tired of playing and factions I don't really want to play. I don't think I have the same problem with H2 or H3 though, so it might be a H5-specific problem. Anyhow, if I'm tired of 8 factions that fast, how long will 5 factions keep my interest? This could be a smaller issue than I believe if each faction has more depth and balance to it (for example I always always get logistics and luck in H5 because it's insane; you get luck rolls like 70% of the time if you max it.) So while I think it's going to be a good game in the end, I'm not overly positive at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the same problem,but I think this is compensated through the fact that each faction has 4 different upgraded hero classes(which makes 20(or 30 if you count the neutrals) classes in total,more than every other heroes game ever had,despite the fact that h6 has less factions than every other heroes game(with the exception of h1)

znork
04-30-2011, 06:53 AM
Many good posts in her. I voted 7 there is alot of good things in the game.

Metamagician
04-30-2011, 10:16 PM
I just hope there will be a mod to eliminate all those ghastly unseemly female units, it really brings the game down. I just cringe when I look at them.

I showed the female units to my 12 year old nephew, he didn't like them one bit..

Iglocska
05-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Oh, not again... Seriously, there are a few more female units. Just fight your raging masculinity for a bit and accept the fact that it is like that.

Metamagician
05-01-2011, 01:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Iglocska:
there are a few more female units. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you on about, the Haven faction, the only one I intend to play, has basically half female units, even energy spirit has boobs on it..

That doesn't look like an army. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Iglocska
05-01-2011, 01:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Metamagician:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Iglocska:
there are a few more female units. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you on about, the Haven faction, the only one I intend to play, has basically half female units, even energy spirit has boobs on it..

That doesn't look like an army. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It has 3 out of 7 female units and don't worry contrary to popular belief females don't bite.

gabriel_eugen
05-01-2011, 03:30 AM
I read some interesting views of the game until now.
I will try to say my opinions, even some of them were already presented:
- [negative]few factions - I expected as the game continues to develop, to have more factions, I was expecting minimum 7 in the first game and until 10-12 in time...
- [negative]the number of units = I still see 7 from a while ago, maybe one unit in plus will be a good idea
- [negative]the number of resources is quite low
- [neutral] the town screens
- [positive] heroes complexity, new skills evolution
- [positive] a new faction
- [negative] - RMG and few maps - I understood that RMG is not easy to do in 3D, but even so, we prefer simple maps regarding the graphics, but to have a RMG; at least in the future(I hope not over 3 years - maximum one year it will be acceptable let's say)
- [Negative] e- Ubisoft communication is part from the game in my opinion(at least right now) =very, very poor
-[Negative]-very few campaigns
-[Positive]- heroes mounts
-[positive]-lots of new units; I hope they will
have special abilities/spells ...
-[positive] - the graphics looks good

Unable to rate:
- spells mode is not clear for me
- buildings-few information
-battlefield size
Maybe something slipped my mind, but this is an overall view without playing the game which is a little bit hard to do it.
My vote is 6 until now.
I will buy the game, this is sure, but as I said, too many negative things and the complexity seems depreciated(let's hope that the new hero skills will lower this impact).
The game being delayed like this, I will expect some real improvements to the game, as a new faction/more campaigns/units etc. Although I'm almost sure, that we will not get any of these.

Metamagician
05-01-2011, 06:50 AM
It has 3 out of 7 female units and don't worry contrary to popular belief females don't bite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But they do make the army look crappy and un-believable.

znork
05-01-2011, 07:08 AM
I for one like wimmen i like how they look. When that is said i have read thrue you post metamagician and i dont agree withe you. I dont realy understand youre view. Ill asume its a tast thing as shuche its a pointless debate.

So all other threads have been closed over this isue becuse it has been talked thrue and well its just you and few other the majorty things this debate i boaring and unimportant.

You have eksprees youre view and you have been listend to now move on to a diffrant subject plz.

Fever_K
05-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Despite my negative comments here and there, I believe this game will be &gt;7 for me.
I voted 8 on trust, assuming that I will enjoy the features that I can't judge right now.

I'm sure I will like the area of control, the new skill/reputation system and the overall design of the game.
Also, it will be great to choose the campaigns freely; I believe this is a great addition to the series and I'm surprised only a few people commented on how good it is!

Obviously, there are some things that I don't like already. First of all: town windows, the most atrocious (and easily avoidable) mistake in the game.
Five is a poor number for factions, and I fear they will get boring pretty fast. The absence of Academy and war machines is also shocking for me.

I reserve my judgement about few things I'm not so sure about, like the resources' cut, the boss fights and the new tier system.

Spiralkill
05-01-2011, 11:02 AM
I believe the game will be 7+.

Thunion
05-01-2011, 11:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But they do make the army look crappy and un-believable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Titans Marching! They are so believable,They are real,REAL!!!!!!
I dont really like that change to,i would love they better give more famales to elves(For me elves always were somekind of feminish race,but thats just my view) but its aint so game breaking.BS i would actually share your oppinion if we would see an army,but we see only single unit so they look allright.
Now on topic,i feel it somthing near 6 or 7:
*town screens are a great loss and if they remake them into good ones i can easely evaluate my oppinion to 7-8
*5 factions are not the wisest decision,one more faction to add would be better,5 are just not enought,i know expansions will come,but i may get bored with game before them.
*Some units are really good looking and unque(unlike some ppl i really love breeder) but on other hand,some units are looking pretty bad(I just hate Radiant glory..) or similar to each other(those 3 guys from inferno "_")
*Revamped skill system is that thing i really like,and i hope it will get balanced as much as possible,cuz i really hate when there is only one way to go,and if you go other way you will fail.
*No Rmg,but i hope there will be enough maps to cover this
Cant remeber now other features,but i am sure there are some.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">-[Negative]-very few campaigns </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
From where did you learned that? o_0

Pitsu
05-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Since the Department of Customer Molesting (DCM) of Ubi is not allowing the good developers to tell us much about the actual game it is only a guess, which may may be wrong. But in brief:

the global feel: this game will sell at least as fine as ToE and will most likely have a fanbase. Not that it keeps the fanbase of earlier games, but it will have sales and fanbase nevertheless. The size of the fanbase and success of expansions depends very much on the info that DCM has not released yet.

personal feel: H5 was the "end of all Heros" or whatever Schnork called it, but H6 is probably "the last nail in coffin" or something even more painful beyond the death.

Jinny-chan
05-02-2011, 12:25 AM
For me it was decision between 6-7, i gave 7 because of i have my final hope on this.

+ Demons look badass again, no more kids teddybear units. Tormentor and Succubus looks awesome.
+ Vampires still in game &lt;3
+ New Heroes games, they continue making these
+ New hero style, now i hope attack/defend will NOT be Overpowered like they were in heroes 3 and 5
+ Anything can be better than Homm 5

Well, thats about all what this has to offer for me.

And now.

- Game took heavy movement for casual players, just like all games, not only this. Game companies do games for one time players who pay for the game, but are too nabs to finish it, so its trend to have nab tested game.
- Ubisoft
- They fail in their talks, game supposed to come in early spring, and now coming in late autumn, BIG -
- Haven looks very "waste" faction now
- New china/japanese trash lake, lack of imagination, too much WoW, cartoon sharks with big sword, hey seriously!
- Graphics, too much cartoon.
- Town Windows
- No RMG
- Lack of classic factions
- Only 5 factions
- Too many female units
- There is lots of more, no time to rememb more

I always start from 10 when it comes to homm series, it was so close to not drop 6 at this time.

Jinny-chan
05-02-2011, 12:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shadassin:
For me it was decision between 6-7, i gave 7 because of i have my final hope on this.

+ Demons look badass again, no more kids teddybear units. Tormentor and Succubus looks awesome.
+ Vampires still in game &lt;3
+ New Heroes games, they continue making these
+ New hero style, now i hope attack/defend will NOT be Overpowered like they were in heroes 3 and 5
+ Anything can be better than Homm 5

Well, thats about all what this has to offer for me.

And now.

- Game took heavy movement for casual players, just like all games, not only this. Game companies do games for one time players who pay for the game, but are too nabs to finish it, so its trend to have nab tested game.
- Ubisoft
- They fail in their talks, game supposed to come in early spring, and now coming in late autumn, BIG -
- Haven looks very "waste" faction now
- New china/japanese trash lake, lack of imagination, too much WoW, cartoon sharks with big sword, hey seriously!
- Graphics, too much cartoon.
- Town Windows
- No RMG
- Lack of classic factions
- Only 5 factions
- Too many female units
- Vampires uses teleport, devs decided to go easy way, simply run/fast run would be much better and not so stupid
- There is lots of more, no time to rememb more

I always start from 10 when it comes to homm series, it was so close to not drop 6 at this time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brynjolf
05-02-2011, 04:07 AM
I'm very optimistic about this game, so I voted 9 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ro.Floro
05-02-2011, 04:17 AM
I gave it an 8 because of the town windows and the RMG. :|...If one of these problems is solved, the game will have a 9 from me!(when I say one of them, I mean the town windows, because I know that the RMG is coming in a future add-on...)
I like the game so far...I really liked H3 and H5...I played H5 a lot with my brother on hot-seat and H3 with a friend over the internet. I hope that now we can all 3 play H6 because I feel like the game is trying to unite the elements of H3 and H5 in a single, compact and splendid game.
And one more thing. Marzhin told us that this week we'll see some NEWS!!! SHOW THEM TO US ALREADY!!!

TaintedCherub
05-02-2011, 04:49 AM
Gut feeling right now is an 7-8. It's hard to be confident in putting a number to it as I think that this will play quite differently to previous Heroes. What would have been terrible design choices for those games might be the right ones for MM:H6.

Things I like:

- Zones of control
- Town conversions
- Creature pools
- Most creature designs
- The Heroes and advanced classes
- The graphics, especially on adventure maps
- I expect the map designs to be excellent
- The nice little features e.g. entering a crypt takes you to a side map
- I expect the UI to be good
- Sanctuary and the fact there is a new faction
- The fact that the developers are prepared to make their own mark on this game
- I believe that this game is likely to play faster and have a better AI than Heroes V
- The reputation system
- Non-random hero progression
- Detailed-seeming skill and spell repertoires
- Filling up a bar to activate hero skills

Things I don't like:

- No option for full screen town window yet
- Respec. This needs either high costs or an option to be turned off.
- A few creature designs, including all naked-woman-spirit things, sharkmen and the lacerator.
- Too many creatures glow. The undead especially.
- Most weapons are 2-3 x realistic size and look ridiculous. Dual wielding them is even sillier (seraph, skeleton spearman). Heroes also fall foul of this.
- The immense delay and no explanation. I already pre-ordered and expected to be happily swimming in Beta goodness by now.
- Not enough factions. Unless we have SC2 level gameplay differentiation between factions (doubt it) 5 isn't enough. Hopeful that expansions will fix this.
- Most female hero portraits look weirdly tall and/or have man legs

Things I don't know whether I like yet:

- New resource system
- Changes in creature tier system
- No war machines
- The spell system
- The town windows in general. Don't know enough about how they'll feel, need a video.
- Actual combat
- Actual gameplay
- Multiplayer (I really hope they've considered this, a Heroes game with decent online play would be just amazing)

Looking forward to finding out more. It has the potential to be a 9 or 10, but equally could end up much lower. I don't feel that we know enough about gameplay yet. It's past time for the beta, a detailed gameplay video or at least a good explanation of what state the game is in!