PDA

View Full Version : How to end a campaign

Krush24
07-11-2011, 08:28 AM
I know that once all sorties have been completed, a campaign will automatically end.

However, let's say you are flying a campaign and you lose your life.

Is there a way to have the campaign close and show that it is over, or is the only option available to re-fly that sortie?

Thanks.

Zeus-cat
07-12-2011, 09:12 PM
The only way to end a campaign is to complete all of the missions.

I suppose if you got killed and wanted to end the campaign you could edit the campaign file to delete all of the missions after the one in which you are killed. However, you have to survive the last mission for the campaign to end. You would have to fly the last mission again and survive it.

Krush24
07-13-2011, 08:20 AM
Zeus-cat,

Thank you very much for your response.

Which file specifically is the campaign file (name and extension if possible)?

If I delete the missions, that would mean the campaign is permanently altered if I wanted to run it again, correct?

If so, I guess what I am looking for might not exist.

For the built in dynamic campaigns the game comes with, I'd like the campaign to stay the same (I know it changes slightly each time you re-start it), but simply have it show for whatever instance I am in to have terminated if my Pilot is killed in action.

So if I try running it and die on mission 16, I'd like the Pilot History to reflect my demise (just like it does for the other AI Pilots in the Roster, but then if I started a new instance, all would work well and the campaign would not only run until the 16th mission.

Does this make sense?

I will look forward to hearing back from you.

Zeus-cat
07-13-2011, 09:31 PM
The dynamic campaigns can't be altered by the method I suggested. User made campaigns can be altered.

I think the file you want is the campaign.ini file inside the specific campaign folder, but I could be wrong. My gaming computer is not working properly so I can't look it up for you.

Create a copy of the file so that you can restore it later. In the original the missions will be listed something like:
mission_1
mission_2
mission_3
etc.

If you weree killed in mission 16, then delete mission 17 and all of the missions after 17. Then start the campaign up and fly mission 16 again and survive. The campaign should end when you complete mission 16.

Krush24
07-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Thank you so very much! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif