PDA

View Full Version : First Civilization Gods *SPOILERS*

Alpha Ender
01-08-2011, 05:58 AM
I've begun to wonder about the three gods who seemed to rule in the First Civilization. Juno seemed to be on the Templars' side, at least in the sense that humanity should have remained the way it was (enslaved), Jupiter is unknown, and Minerva seemed...apologetic for what they did to humanity. But she didn't really take a side. What do you guys think?

It is important that you remember to add a spoiler warning to the thread title of any thread containing gameplay information. Failure to do so will not only ruin the game for others but put you at risk of suspension, I've edited the title for you on this occasion but make sure to remember this next time.

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 06:15 AM
Juno seemed like a right conniving she altered the apple of Eden to (SPOILERS) get desond to stab lucy! she is obviously bad and minerva seemed more peaceful. I dont know about any others but i think they are all named after either planets or gods, or are they god? i'm not sure tbh.

Please do not bypass the Language Filter.

magesupermaster
01-08-2011, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
Juno seemed like a right conniving b!tch! she altered the apple of Eden to (SPOILERS) get desond to stab lucy! she is obviously bad and minerva seemed more peaceful. I dont know about any others but i think they are all named after either planets or gods, or are they god? i'm not sure tbh.

Minerva, Juno, Jupiter and all the others are from the Roman mythology. You do know that, right?

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 06:28 AM
Yeah... Its been a long time since i took history in school. And even then, i dont recall learning anything about roman mythology! and in the game when you talk to minerva, i still dont recall her refuring to roman gods. :/ I did know that they were some kind of god, i thought maybe greek. :/ (embarrassed)

magesupermaster
01-08-2011, 06:46 AM
Well, she does not see herself as a Goddess, but the humans saw them as gods when they performed 'miracles' and such infront of the humans.

We don't know if Ubisoft is focusing on the Roman mythology or is referring to all gods as an extraterrestrial race(A.K.A TWCB) but haven't showed it yet.

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 07:01 AM
So what's the deal with juno then? Is she just a bad egg? lol i think she is imitating being a one that came before and she is actually something else that is bad, and on the templars side. I mean why kill Lucy? this game really confused me at the end and now i am desperate for the next one!

evilmidget369
01-08-2011, 08:19 AM
I'll apologize now for the long text and anything I may have gotten wrong, this is from memory and I haven't studied or read up on my mythology for a while.

If you know any Greek mythology then you do know the Roman gods, they're one in the same basically. Jupiter is Zeus, Juno is Hera, and Minerva is Athena.

Jupiter and Juno were married, and Jupiter had some children with ordinary humans which of course makes Juno pretty ticked off and jealous of humans.

In the mythology Juno would have the people Jupiter slept with killed. Or would try and prevent his demigod child from succeeding in his quests when they're the hero of the story. However, the hero would usually get a helping hand or guidance from Minerva.

A good example of the mythology is the story of Heracles/Hercules.

Now throwing the info in the game. Jupiter was probably one of TWCB that created the assassin's of two worlds (those with eagle vision).

Juno therefore hates those assassins because they were created by her husband who cheated on her with what she would consider people that are beneath her. Also, Juno probably has her own agenda in the game because as the saying goes, 'hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'.

Minerva however is sympathetic to all the humans including the assassins.

Jupiter we have yet to see so we can't really make any assumptions on how he will factor into the game yet.

So to sum it up: Jupiter - *****, Juno - jealous , and Minerva - kind.

And about Lucy, this is a video game and not only that it's a game that has very powerful objects that can make you see things that aren't there. So it's probably not a good thing to assume Lucy is dead.

Please do not bypass the Language Filter.

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by evilmidget369:
I'll apologize now for the long text and anything I may have gotten wrong, this is from memory and I haven't studied or read up on my mythology for a while.

If you know any Greek mythology then you do know the Roman gods, they're one in the same basically. Jupiter is Zeus, Juno is Hera, and Minerva is Athena.

Jupiter and Juno were married, and Jupiter had some children with ordinary humans which of course makes Juno pretty ticked off and jealous of humans.

In the mythology Juno would have the people Jupiter slept with killed. Or would try and prevent his demigod child from succeeding in his quests when they're the hero of the story. However, the hero would usually get a helping hand or guidance from Minerva.

Now throwing the info in the game. Jupiter was probably one of TWCB that created the assassin's of two worlds (those with eagle vision).

Juno therefore hates those assassins because they were created by her husband who cheated on her with what she would consider people that are beneath her. Also, Juno probably has her own agenda in the game because as the saying goes, 'hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'.

Jupiter we have yet to see so we can't really make any assumptions on how he will factor into the game yet.

And about Lucy, this is a video game and not only that it's a game that has very powerful objects that can make you see things that aren't there. So it's probably not a good thing to assume Lucy is dead.

Thanks that basically sums up my theory! I new juno must have been bad because i remember on the very last mission where you are in the futuristic room, juno practically shouting and the colours going red! i still think she altered the PoE somehow and i hope lucy isnt dead, she was my favourite character after ezio... desmond... i dont really care for! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SevketErhat
01-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by evilmidget369:

Thanks a lot for the info. I will read more about them from my newly bought mythology book

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm glad i joined this forum! everyone seems to have really good theories and brainstorms! tis great. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Inorganic9_2
01-08-2011, 09:33 AM
They're not gods though.

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
They're not gods though.

No but when they were still on earth the humans looked up to them as gods, which would explain why they would worship them as gods and if they had powers then that would give the humans more reason to think they are gods of some sort.

Inorganic9_2
01-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Yea, I know. Doesn't change the fact that they aren't http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

"You are...gods?"

"No, not gods. We simply came...before."

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Yes, but they said they made humans, which is why they would worship the ones who came before. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Inorganic9_2
01-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Yes...I know. That does not change the fact that people who play the games keep referring to them as gods when they aren't.

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Well people should just call them by their names then. I cant exactly stop them from calling them gods. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif i dont have the PoE you know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif haha

magesupermaster
01-08-2011, 10:07 AM
I never called them gods.

I'm clearly aware that they are not gods, but infact, Those Who Came Before.

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 10:09 AM
I don't think he is directly saying that you called them gods, He was just saying that he doesn't like other people calling them gods when they aren't http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

magesupermaster
01-08-2011, 10:10 AM
I know he wasn't referring to me.

Just a sidenote; it's fun to laugh at the Bible(Sorry if I offended anybody). http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm an athiest so it aint botherin me! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

magesupermaster
01-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Me too!
Small world, small world. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Haha i dont see the whole point of worshiping a fictional book written before "christ" I would much rather worship assassins creed which is more historically accurate than the bible! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

magesupermaster
01-08-2011, 10:21 AM
TBH, they're making me study about the Bible.
But I don't want to! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Yeah, and the Bible is full of wicked, creepy, bizarre things...

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 10:23 AM
I dont blame you for not wanting to do it! i would hate it, then again we had to do it in religous studies at school. Tis very boring!

magesupermaster
01-08-2011, 10:28 AM
We are really going off-topic!

But I think the mythologies are the best(For laughs http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif)!

Inorganic9_2
01-08-2011, 10:30 AM
I actually used to be an agnostic until I started playing AC...I'd never heard the argument "anyone can write a book, Mr Miles, and they can put whatever they want on its pages" before and it seemed the most true argument to me!

Anyway, I've always found biblical and pre-biblical mythology to be interesting, even if it is just a story. Relating it to AC to try and see how the story will turn out is even more interesting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 10:32 AM
I dont associate anything in the bible with assassins creed, theres too much hate and judgement in the bible, unless it was written by templars! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

magesupermaster
01-08-2011, 10:35 AM
You could say there are some things that are interesting in the Bible..

And that sentence caused me to start writing stories.

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 10:38 AM
The only interesting thing in the bible is little tiny weenie hints of assassins creed!

Fairus60
01-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Is it that I am the only Catholic here? XD, well, I respect your atheism so dont worry about me getting offended. I believe the Bible has some really interesting stuff, but thats just me.

Either way, back on topic, do you imagine if Jupiter ends up being like Zeus in God of War? (Given they are based upon the same old deity)

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 10:46 AM
I haven't played god of war but i do believe Juno is hateful and wants Desmond to fail, leaving him alone and deserted with no friends. I hope Lucy does survive and for all you know maybe Lucy was eve's decendent and Juno didn't want Desmond to find out! you never know what twists ubisoft may have in store for us!

Black_Widow9
01-08-2011, 12:11 PM
This has gotten way off Topic. Back to the OP please or I will have to lock it.

Alpha Ender
01-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Okay, so this has been un-locked. Please stay on topic again cuz I want to see some ideas from you guys. What do you think about the theory that someone mentioned that was tied in with mythology about Jupiter creating the Assassins byy mating with the humans. Continue please? =)

IIwangcarsII
01-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by AlphaEnder:
Okay, so this has been un-locked. Please stay on topic again cuz I want to see some ideas from you guys. What do you think about the theory that someone mentioned that was tied in with mythology about Jupiter creating the Assassins byy mating with the humans. Continue please? =)

It makes sense since jupiter is was married to Juno and cheated with humans, which may be the reason for her to try and make desmond fail. And getting him to kill an Innocent(Fellow assassin)

Alpha Ender
01-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Totally makes sense IMO. The mythology in Assassin's Creed is supposed to be based off of real events that happened and just got misrepresented in books or stories (like how they mention that the Red Sea didn't split, but a Piece of Eden made it appear as such). Therefore, the stories of a jealous goddess killing demigods because her husband angered/cheated on her fit in perfectly with the idea of Juno trying to kill the Assassins (demigods) because Jupiter mated with humans (or at the very least started a movement that created the hybrids/Assassins). Either way, she is/was very angry at Jupiter for doing so, and is trying to strike back by attempting to kill the Assassins and re-enslave the human race. Though she is long dead, her desire for vengeance can be seen at the end of ACB.

Abeonis
01-09-2011, 05:34 PM
How much power does one need to be deemed a god though?

The First Civilisation created humanity, "God" apparently did the same. The First Civilisation possessed artifacts capable of extraordinary feats, the "gods" of ancient Greece and Rome also possessed similarly powerful artifacts (Posiedon's trident?).

So, despite what Minerva said, how powerful and and knowledgeable does one have to be to be deemed a god?

Alpha Ender
01-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
How much power does one need to be deemed a god though?

The First Civilisation created humanity, "God" apparently did the same. The First Civilisation possessed artifacts capable of extraordinary feats, the "gods" of ancient Greece and Rome also possessed similarly powerful artifacts (Posiedon's trident?).

So, despite what Minerva said, how powerful and and knowledgeable does one have to be to be deemed a god?

Consider our society. Wouldn't we be considered gods if civilizations of the past could see us and our power? Look at the Spanish conquistadores. They were revered as gods when they first arrived in the Americas. It's all perception.

As far as the First Civilization creating humanity, I'm not sure if that happened. I don't remember where it explicitly says that they did, just that they enslaved us. There is a possibility that they did some genetic engineering or some clever engineering with the PoE's in order to control us, but I don't recall anywhere where they were said to actually create us.

However, if I am wrong, feel free to show me where I messed up (I want my arguments to be as precise as possible, and knowledge is power).

Abeonis
01-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by AlphaEnder:
As far as the First Civilization creating humanity, I'm not sure if that happened.

To quote Minerva at the end of AC2: "We built you in our own image, we built you to survive."

mojsarn
01-09-2011, 07:36 PM
About Juno being on the bad side, I think shes certainly not.
She on the same side as Minerva just that she has a more aggresive attitude against humans.
It seems she isnt so tolorable for what the humans did as Minerva, and Juno just got the short stick for what they had to do about Lucy.
They certainly seems to know something that we dont, and they can look into the future so there must something fishy about Lucy.

Alpha Ender
01-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by mojsarn:
About Juno being on the bad side, I think shes certainly not.
She on the same side as Minerva just that she has a more aggresive attitude against humans.
It seems she isnt so tolorable for what the humans did as Minerva, and Juno just got the short stick for what they had to do about Lucy.
They certainly seems to know something that we dont, and they can look into the future so there must something fishy about Lucy.

Interesting idea. What do you define as the "bad side" then?

Also, I suppose she never explicitly said she wanted us to die or be enslaved, just that she regretted setting us free by creating the Assassins, or at least regrets creating the Assassins. I still believe her to be bad because she doesn't see humanity as any good; tools, or playthings to see hurt for her amusement, but she doesn't seem to really care about us. At least, that's what I felt like inside her tomb, her screaming that they never should have changed us, that we never understood. I felt like we are just worthless in her eyes.

mojsarn
01-10-2011, 09:10 AM
I dont believe in good or evil sides, theres only different sides that have different opinions of what is right or wrong.
And its understandable that she is the way she is, considering that it was the humans turned against them, according to Minerva that is....

But I agree, she sure is aggressive but superior beings use to be arrogant against inferior ones....
Dosent we do the same thing to animals?
Creatures of the earth that we use for our own benefit, the animals just dont have the means to go against ushttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif