PDA

View Full Version : renaissance?

daan2002
11-27-2010, 08:44 AM
just mastred the game today and still see no renaissance do i have to do a 100% of the hole game?

magesupermaster
11-27-2010, 09:08 AM
What do you mean by 'no renaissance'?

ForsakenMessiah
11-27-2010, 10:42 AM
The renaissance was a time period spanning from the 14th century to the 17th, and this game is set during the renaissance

magesupermaster
11-27-2010, 12:08 PM
^So he thought the 'renaissance' was an object or a person?

ninja_7_7
11-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Best topic ever.

LaCava1
11-27-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to ask.
Are you joking?

magesupermaster
11-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Looks like he ran off..
Couldn't take the humiliation.

LaCava1
11-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
Looks like he ran off..
Couldn't <span class="ev_code_RED">TAKE</span> the humiliation.
(I made an edit in your post)
I guess. And, on an unrelated matter, we are in the same Master Assassin's squad, but it says I can't add you.

magesupermaster
11-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Oops, sorry. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

^I don't know why you can't, but I have stupid connection problems.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Nick1021
11-27-2010, 12:53 PM
I think I understand what he means.

And I myself am disspaointed.

He means that the renaissance was a rich time and even when I get the borgia towers and even restore stores I still see people crying and being hobos. I was hoping that they would become rich and happy.

daan2002
11-27-2010, 03:21 PM
what im talking about is in one of the Dev vid's he says you can brang the renaissance to rome so i thot i was goin to see some thing like we did in creed 2 when you had to get the golding maske

CNightingale
11-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Wuh? You mean Carnivale?

xsatanicjokerx
11-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by daan2002:
what im talking about is in one of the Dev vid's he says you can brang the renaissance to rome so i thot i was goin to see some thing like we did in creed 2 when you had to get the golding maske Your grammar/spelling is taking me to the edge of suicide and do you think that the Renaissance is just a big party with fireworks?

daan2002
11-27-2010, 04:06 PM
if you dont have any thing nice to say or do get a job and a life when you pay my bill's aka my internet you can tell me how to spell you troll

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter</span>

realgangsta213
11-27-2010, 04:09 PM
I can truly say that this is the first topic which i don't understand.
You do bring the renaisance to rome in a way. After you upgrade all the shops and rebuild aqueducts, purchase landmarks and so on you notice that people look wealthier, majority of rome looks brighter, and i haven't seen a single beggar since i rebuilt 100% of it. Could you possibly mean that the devs exaggerated on the renaisance idea because then i would understand your issue. In most trailers they said you will be rebuilding rome and it will change it's appearance over time but the only things which change are the shops and borgia towers. So in that sense yes there isn't much renaisance which ezio bought to rome but this is one guy and doing more than you're allowed to do would make him superman equivalent.

xsatanicjokerx
11-27-2010, 04:44 PM
if you dont have any thing nice to say or do get a job and a life when you pay my bill's aka my internet you can tell me how to spell you troll I guess you dont have a high enought IQ to see that you are trolling.

Coolgerb
11-27-2010, 06:39 PM
if you dont have any thing nice to say or do get a job and a life when you pay my bill's aka my internet you can tell me how to spell you fing troll

Out of curiosity, what kind of job do you do with that kind of grammar? Somehow I doubt it involves any kind of writing, or required any kind of study.

Off-topic: Realgangsta, I think I saw you online today, I think you were running the whole time (and roof camping)? If not, there must be multiple people with your name. This is on Xbox Live btw.

Desm0ndmiles
11-27-2010, 08:18 PM
Guy who was born in 2002(I am guessing by his name) doesn't know what the renaissance is/thread

ForsakenMessiah
11-28-2010, 03:41 AM
Or maybe......just maybe.......English is not his native language.
It really annoys me when people assume everyone on the internet is a native english speaker....even though I am myself English

Xanatos2007
11-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Well in my experience I notice that people who don't speak English as a first language tend to actually type better than those that do speak English as a first language. Talk about being beaten at your own game.

Still, that doesn't excuse Daan's horrible misunderstanding.

ForsakenMessiah
11-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Well in my experience I notice that people who don't speak English as a first language tend to actually type better than those that do speak English as a first language.
Still, that doesn't excuse Daan's horrible misunderstanding.
Not always, there are plenty of threads on this forum alone that have been started by non native English speakers and can be barely understood, only those who spend a lot of time on English websites, play English games, or take English at school have good spelling and grammar.

As for the misunderstanding, renaissance is not the same word in all languages, after his other post saying about the carnival, thats what he might of thought renaissance meant. just because someone doesnt have a full grasp of a language is not the same as ignorance.

Black_Widow9
11-28-2010, 03:29 PM
The Grammar Police is not needed and if you cannot contain yourselves from arguing and harassment you will find yourselves on a week's vacation. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

NuclearFuss
11-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Okay to settle this:

The Renaissance wasn't a physical object, it was a time period when rebirth of art and culture took place. It was filled with scientific and philosophical breakthroughs, and spanned from around the 14th to the 17th century. There you have it, the Renaissance in a nut shell http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif