PDA

View Full Version : DeviceLink Question

hugso
04-14-2006, 01:11 AM
Do any of you geniuses out there know if it would be possible to use DeviceLink gload file to provide an analogue voltage proportional to the G being experienced by the plane at any time? This would be brilliant for me as an input for my pseudo-G effect which I have now got about as good as I can get. This is pneumatic pressure pads in my seat and backrest, pressure pushing up when stick pulled back and pressure dropping when stick pushed forward making seat feel as if it is dropping away etc.

Works surprisingly well but does need fine-tuning and use of elevator trim for maximum effect, but beautiful feeling of uplift on flare-out for landing just before wheels touch down and hard pressure when pulling round in tight turns etc. (Anyone got any ideas how to get that whoooooo feeling in your stomach with negative G?) At present input derived from pressure-sensitive pads in joystick, but if it were possible to use information on G-forces from within game it would be fantastic.

WWSensei
04-14-2006, 11:23 AM
The data is available and should be doable with the right hardware but it would be usable only offline.

hugso
04-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the reply. So far so good.....

How do I do it? I am very much not a computer bof. Simple electronics, mechanical bits and bobs - I'm your man, but IT stuff and I'm lost...

WWSensei
04-14-2006, 01:02 PM
I'm a low level device driver type of guy myself. I've written a C++ wrapper class for Devicelink to allow others to write such applications, but I don't do user interfaces or end user apps. I know some have used UDPSpeed and UDPGraph to do some of what you are talking about...

hugso
04-14-2006, 01:13 PM
You have completely lost me, I'm afraid. However, you have encouraged me a lot by telling me it should be possible. I just need to find some kind soul to show me the way...

Thanks