PDA

View Full Version : did we buy 3 games, or just pay for one big game 3 times

Supr
10-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Either way, WOW, in my book, this is hi quality, cheap entertainment. I really dont see how anyone can complain. Some of you whiners are nuts, or you are very spoiled little children. This is great stuff, and its only going to get better. OK, now I'm going to stfu and fly

JG52Uther
10-29-2004, 12:48 PM
What he said http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-29-2004, 01:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Supr:
Either way, WOW, in my book, this is hi quality, cheap entertainment. I really dont see how anyone can complain. Some of you whiners are nuts, or you are very spoiled little children. This is great stuff, and its only going to get better. OK, now I'm going to stfu and fly <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Game development is hard and it takes a lot of very smart very hard working people to put together anything of substance. Yet the market will only pay so much for a title. So if we want something much larger and more substantive than the average 2 week console shooter, we need to be willing to support Maddox through multiple releases.

Being a programmer, I have a lot of respect for what Maddox has accomplished... yet I want so much more from them! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I hope we can continue to keep them going financially so that this grand project can achieve it's true potential.

I'd hate to see them stop due to losses from piracy and such and then have to wait another 2 decades for someone to try doing the Ultimate Sim again...

jensenpark
10-29-2004, 01:54 PM
When you do the math, it is an amazing amount of top-notch fun and entertainment for peanuts.

I mean compare literally hundreds of hours of fun play on this game for what? $40 or so.

What we pay for this game doesn't even pay cover a round of golf...4 hours of swearing at yourself, your clubs and the ball.

Absolutely the best value at even double the cost. I'm just happy it is so cheap in true relative terms.

Thank you development team!

Zeus-cat
10-29-2004, 02:23 PM
I have bought every version of this game )IL-2, FB, AEP and PF) and I have spent hundreds of hours playing it. My per hour cost is pennies. I will never complain about the cost of this sim!

Zeus-cat

RobertNighthawk
10-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Right on! With their superb work, Oleg and team have entertained me for a long time and I sincerely aprreciate them and their talents.

S!

heywooood
10-29-2004, 07:30 PM
To my mind this was exactly the right way to do it and thanks to 1c for expanding and enhancing the best interactive pastime a warbird enthusiast could have ever dreamed of. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

fabianfred
10-29-2004, 07:45 PM
I agree with all of the above...

I live in Thailand... the home of pirate copies;
my il2 is a registered Thai version (manual in Thai)
my FB and AEP came from Amazon.com/.co.uk
and my PF from UBI....30 pounds+ 30 pounds postage + 9 pounds import Duty... WHEW! (at least I got the postcards..)

I'm still getting my money's worth I think

Bearcat99
10-29-2004, 08:06 PM
aBSOLUTELY..

GT182
10-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Well for 140.00 invested in all of the IL2 series and PF, you won't hear me complain at all for the enjoyment I've gotten and still expect to get. I've spent more than double that on games I don't even play anymore.

"Oleg, you done good."

And if I could on here, I'd raise my glass in honor to him and all that worked so hard in making it all happen for us. Cheers Oleg and 1C:Maddox Games!! Here's to anything new that you all put out for us!! ~S!~ ~S!~

Old_Canuck
10-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Agreed!

If I were a betting man I'd wager that most of the whiners are paying more for restaurant bills in a month than they have for all the IL-2 releases combined.

Slick750
10-29-2004, 08:43 PM
This game should come with a "your gf might pack her bags" warning it's so good.

Jasko76
10-30-2004, 07:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slick750:
This game should come with a "your gf might pack her bags" warning it's so good. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PF better than sex, good food and that lovely look in her eyes? Naah...

Fehler
10-30-2004, 07:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jasko76:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slick750:
This game should come with a "your gf might pack her bags" warning it's so good. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PF better than sex, good food and that lovely look in her eyes? Naah... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but your computer is the one thing you can scream at that doesnt yell back at you... lol

sunflower1
10-30-2004, 08:01 AM
I was just very sad that there were 18 copies at my big box retailer, they'd been there all day and at 8:30PM I was the first person to buy one. Off the stocking cart which was sitting 5 isles away from the game section.

Next time you yell at another flight simmer on this forum......remember that, like Balrog says, its hard to take somebody with a silver dot on their forehead too seriously.

Jasko76
10-30-2004, 08:02 AM
Yeah, I can scream at it, and it won't scream back. But it won't do much else either. Now, if I kick the computer box under my table, instead of wasting my breath, the screen may go black. A definite reaction! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

flyingscampi
10-30-2004, 08:25 AM
I've just spent 20 on Barbie riding club and it looks like it was written over a weekend. It's for my daughters so don't get any funny ideas http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm so impressed with the IL-2 series, I'd buy Battle of Britain right now if it helped guarantee it's successful development. I'm sure there's a lot of people in the community who would do the same.

NegativeGee
10-30-2004, 10:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jasko76:

PF better than sex, good food and that lovely look in her eyes? Naah... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, sex > PF, but PF is always in the mood http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Heavy_Weather
10-30-2004, 01:43 PM
all hail Oleg http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Stiglr
10-30-2004, 02:38 PM
Why does everybody keep whining about this???

$40 is not a lot to pay for how many hours of gaming/sim fun?? Put this up against going to movies, sporting events, dates with the girlfriend or whatever.

For what we get, warts and all, it's just NOT that expensive.

Yes, you ARE paying for further development of the sim; more planes, more scenarios, more campaigns. Don't tell me you expect an expansion away from Europe to the other side of the world to come as a "downloadable free patch"???

Come on.

VW-IceFire
10-30-2004, 03:14 PM
Hey...$39.99 to $49.99 each year is WAAAY cheaper than a yearly subscription to some of these MMORPG games and I think I got more entertainment out of this game than those.

Puts it in perspective.