PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer the Auditore Cape from AC2 or Brotherhood?

AKG32
11-27-2010, 06:59 PM
In AC2, it made you notorious, in Brotherhood it makesyou incognito.

Personally, I liked it more in AC2, it made the game a bit more challenging and slightly more realistic.

I mean, after a while, you'd expect guards to recognise you on sight, no matter howmany posters you rip down.

TheGreenAlloy
11-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Now that I've finished the game, it seems hard to get into a big, good old-fashion fight with a high concentration of guards.

XJoker3697D
11-27-2010, 08:02 PM
I voted for AC 2
Because, yeah the one in Brotherhood maybe a way to make it easier... Personally, I like a good ole' fashion challenge. I like it difficult...but still possible.

RomanDozer
11-28-2010, 01:36 AM
***Contains SPOILER***

I don't know why the Auditore cape does this too...if the Borgia know about Ezio, you think they would know his families Standard, like in AC2, and begin to auto-aggro on you. I think they (Ubi) should have left the Auditore Cape function from AC2. Two capes that do the same thing didn't make sense.

***SPOILER AHEAD/ READ AT OWN RISK***
(I think the Borgia cape looks a hell of a lot better than any other with an Ebony clothing dye on the best armor you get at blacksmith from the shop quest- end game (not the Romulus set)

Chariflame
11-28-2010, 06:06 AM
I think it's function in Brotherhood does have a reasoning behind it... everyone who 'knew' the Auditore family is gone as of the ending, and even with the Heralds crying out "Ezio Auditore, the Assassino!" in the streets, the common person would not associate the surname with the insignia.

I did like it's function in ACII, but I also love how I can wear (in my opinion) the nicest cape when doing small missions and finding collectables without having the whole of Rome on my back.

MaciejMarchewka
11-28-2010, 06:31 AM
did any1 read the description of 'new' Auditore cape? it was stolen from Moneriggioni and offered as a battle trophy for son of the Pope. and then one of the servants had stolen it and gave to Ezio for rebuilding Rome. so in game ppl think that person wearing the cape must be sumone important so they dont touch him. simple :P

DarthViscer
11-28-2010, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by MaciejMarchewka:
did any1 read the description of 'new' Auditore cape? it was stolen from Moneriggioni and offered as a battle trophy for son of the Pope. and then one of the servants had stolen it and gave to Ezio for rebuilding Rome. so in game ppl think that person wearing the cape must be sumone important so they dont touch him. simple :P

I did read it, but it's just a lame excuse. There is no reason to have two incog capes, we should get at least one Notoriety cape.

abitarif56
04-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Since i always wear altair's robes i like better from AC2 cuz he dresses so "arab", and his clothes are completely different from anyone in the game, soi like the ac2 better. cuz it doesn't make any sense when the Templars are the rulers of rome and their intention was to destroy the assasins and yet when altair (or ezio) is standing on front of the guard, he doesn't recognize him, even by the strange (to them) robes he is wearing

TorQue1988
04-11-2011, 09:00 AM
They should have left it like in AC2 because having 2 capes with the same function doesn't make any sense;and the function from AC2 was logical.

Ureh
04-11-2011, 01:11 PM
I thought it was nice that it kept notoriety at max. But it was awarded very late in the game, whereas I want to be notorious as soon as Ezio became an Assassin (early in the game). Not that it really mattered, because in AC2, being notorious didn't really change gameplay.

From an asthetic point of view, the Auditore cape in AC2 looks better than the one in ACB.

crash3
04-11-2011, 01:18 PM
i only wore the capes so i didnt have to fuss about with notoriety-notoriety is possibly the single most annoying element in the game-it doesnt even make the game harder also the background music whilst being notoriuos is rubbish compared to the music that plays when your incognito

they seriously need to improve the notoriety system

nightfurie13
04-12-2011, 06:18 PM
since i didn't collect all the feathers in ac 2, i don't know what it feels like to proudly wear the auditore cape and get attacked just because i was wearing it.

in brotherhood, i have the cape but if i wear it i will remain incog so i don't wear it. instead, i make myself notorious just for the fun of kicking soldier butts.

i wish they kept auditore cape in ac 2. i would wear it throughout brotherhood.