PDA

View Full Version : My Enconter with my first battleship

VaporBlast
04-23-2005, 06:14 PM
I was cruising near Scapa Flow en route to my patrol zone when a radio message advise me of the present of an ennemy task force cruising in my sector. When I say, in my sector, I really mean in my sector.. the task force was going strait for me and was about 10 km away. I said to myself, heck was the h**l. I'll go for it. To my surprise, I find a Nelson Battle ship cruising with 9 destroyers and they are still comming in my direction. I ordered periscope depth and readied my crue for combat. When the battle ship was 600 metres away I open up on it with all my 4 foward torpedo tube, all set to fast, 2 on impact, 2 on magnetic. Then 2 booms one after the other and then my first magnetic trigered torpedo reached it to finish it up. Let me tell you that after firing my torps I was already on my way out of here. The destroyers whent like crazy and almost collide on in an other trying to make their deadly pass over my possission. All their shots whent far away and I managed to accomplish my mission and to be back at home in time for Xmass. It was an easy one...no it was a lucky one... I don't know if next time those destryers will be that green.

See ya

jasaund7089
04-23-2005, 06:54 PM
congratz on the first battleship kill. BTW, what year was it?

MouseNo47
04-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Nice, i would imagine the ships were going from the eastern side of britain to the north west corner.

I am yet to see a military convoy.

But when i do, they are gunna get the full load of fish. All fore and aft fish are gunna eat em alive.

VaporBlast
04-23-2005, 09:31 PM
It was late 1939 they were exiting the noth western part on UK and they were going east.

iceman3842
04-27-2005, 04:50 PM
Congratulations on the battleship kill. I encountered one in Lock Euwe on my third patrol late at night while sneaking in. Is it just me or do the Nelson battleships seem easier than the Revenge battleships.

quillan
04-27-2005, 05:13 PM
It could be. The Revenge is a Royal Sovereign class ship. They were all ordered BEFORE the first world war, but updated between WWI and WWII. The Nelsons were built after WWI, and (as far as I know) not extensively refit.