PDA

View Full Version : Open letter to Ubisoft on Battle of Forli DLC

TeamMadCow
02-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Dear Ubisoft and the community,

I am posting this to express my severe disappointment in the Battle of Forli DLC.

1 - no achievements. I've had my Xbox for 4+ years now, and never seen any DLC before without achievements. I wouldn't mind not having achievements if this content was in the original game (like it should have been).

2 - short duration of the DLC. I went through it in about 30 minutes, and that included replaying two missions. No additional story, nothing. Lots of teasing of a potential romance with Ezio and Carolina (SP?). The fact that at the end of the sequence, you find nothing out, and I presume you need to buy the next sequence to learn more, is ridiculous. What a poor story! You mention Machiavelli, and then do nothing with the character!!!!

3 - misleading ad on Xbox Live. The ad for the AC2 DLC looks like it includes the Limited edition Ezio suit, but it doesn't. That's a separate purchase. Very deceiving. Shame on you.

4 - this content should have been part of the original game. The fact that it offers no achievements, and fills in two missing sequences from the game shows how this is just a lame attempt by your company to get an extra $5 from me, by stripping out content that should have been in the game, and making me pay for it!

I loved AC1 and AC2, but will not purchase any DLC for AC2 again, nor will I purchase AC3 until either:
a - refunded my $5
b - given achievements for the DLC (this at least makes up for the you not including these chapters in the game you shipped!)

You ruined what was one of my favorite games in 2009, and made it about money and cheating your customer.

I'm not some punk kid. I'm a 34 yr old graduate degree male making $100K+ per year, with a limited amount of gaming time (between my wife, house, family, work, and my child) and I feel sorely cheated by this DLC.

You should be ashamed of yourselves. I don't post on these forums, but felt that I needed to, in order to express how upset I was about this DLC. I'll go back to Modern Warfare 2 now.

/Flame suit on

caswallawn_2k7
02-07-2010, 06:30 AM
you make $100k+ a year and have a degree but you expect something massive for less than most firms sell a map pack?

the DLC literally cost buttons so if you were expecting loads you obviously don't understand you get what you pay for. I've seen map packs cost more than this DLC and not one of them came with achievements.

also I think most people here earn nowhere near 100 grand a year and would agree $5 is next to nothing and not something to go to these lengths to try to get back.

KakashiAssassin
02-07-2010, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
you make $100k+ a year and have a degree but you expect something massive for less than most firms sell a map pack?

the DLC literally cost buttons so if you were expecting loads you obviously don't understand you get what you pay for. I've seen map packs cost more than this DLC and not one of them came with achievements.

also I think most people here earn nowhere near 100 grand a year and would agree $5 is next to nothing and not something to go to these lengths to try to get back.

Quoted for Truth

KZarr
02-07-2010, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by TeamMadCow:
1 - no achievements. I've had my Xbox for 4+ years now, and never seen any DLC before without achievements. I wouldn't mind not having achievements if this content was in the original game (like it should have been).
This was known before it was released so you can't really complain cause you could have known.

3 - misleading ad on Xbox Live. The ad for the AC2 DLC looks like it includes the Limited edition Ezio suit, but it doesn't. That's a separate purchase. Very deceiving. Shame on you.
How so? There both listed as separate items, the prices are different and you have to pay for them separately

I'll go back to Modern Warfare 2 now.
Please stay there.

SWJS
02-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by KZarr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TeamMadCow:
This was known before it was released so you can't really complain cause you could have known.

How so? There both listed as separate items, the prices are different and you have to pay for them separately

I'll go back to Modern Warfare 2 now.
Please stay there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Win^ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

nightcobra
02-07-2010, 09:40 AM
agreed, stay on mw2.
better yet, anyone playing mw2 and like assassin creed 2 please snipe this guy into oblivion. you'll be doing a service to both communities.

BTOG46
02-07-2010, 10:48 AM
This thread is just turning into a flame fest, might as well close it and smother the flames.