PDA

View Full Version : VERY easy way to beat the Altair mission in Assassins Creed 2 *Spoilers*

Prussian_Iron
12-18-2009, 08:19 PM
I just made an account, because this can help alot of people.

Okay, so I know lots of people have been *****ing at the extreme difficulty on getting atop that one post above the door on the tower in the Altair mission. Well, having just done it in under 2 minutes, I think I can help:

Once you get to that part, simply get on the wall/fence thing around the door, get to the middle of it, and jump. No direction, just jump straight up. Altair should automatically grab the post. If not, try again, but hold the grasp button ("O" for PS3, "B" for Xbox 360)while in the air.

You are now on the dreaded post and can continue with givin it to Maria!

MrNussbaum
12-18-2009, 08:33 PM
I've never understood the problem with this part of the game. You can also get on the railing on either side and wall jump to the post.

Bampire
12-18-2009, 08:42 PM
I figured that out my third try. just realizing that playing as Altair means to have the same controls as the first AC game. Meaning same engine. :X

MrNussbaum
12-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Bampire:
I figured that out my third try. just realizing that playing as Altair means to have the same controls as the first AC game. Meaning same engine. :X

Except it uses ACII's control scheme (which is essentially the same as AC1) because you are able to "fast walk" by holding down A (or X) which wasn't available in the first game. That's really the only thing different between the two games movement wise.

Prussian_Iron
12-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by MrNussbaum:
I've never understood the problem with this part of the game. You can also get on the railing on either side and wall jump to the post.

you must have been lucky. when i tried doing it that way, i ended up just falling off onto the little landing, rather than jumping. this way is just very easy and simple though.

MrNussbaum
12-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Prussian_Iron:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrNussbaum:

you must have been lucky. when i tried doing it that way, i ended up just falling off onto the little landing, rather than jumping. this way is just very easy and simple though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it's luck. I've played through the game 3 times and have done it each time on the first try.

Jack-Reacher
12-18-2009, 09:36 PM
I dont understand why so many people find it a problem, where is the hard part? It was like a normal viewpoint for me

firewaterearth2
12-19-2009, 12:09 PM
*******it, use a less spoiler-y title for your thread! There are still people out there who haven't played the game yet. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

itsamea-mario
12-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by MrNussbaum:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bampire:

Except it uses ACII's control scheme (which is essentially the same as AC1) because you are able to "fast walk" by holding down A (or X) which wasn't available in the first game. That's really the only thing different between the two games movement wise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no its completely the same as ezio just a different skin, like wearing the altair outfit from uplay, they way he climbs for instance, faster. and when killing guards uses some of ezios moves eg backstab.

Black_Widow9
12-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Please post this here-
Dream Sequence Issue Workaround (spoilers!) (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9011039408/m/2901039608)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>