PDA

View Full Version : Bug in Campaings

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 07:28 AM
After installing 1.11 patch, I tried to continue my Russian fighter campaing (Leningrad). In briefing screen, my map was all over brown and I could only see names of the towns. When I tried to start mission, I got this message

Mission Loading failed landscape 'FinsGulf/Load_W.ini' loading error.

Hope this will be fixed.

------------------------------------
In case of Emeregency press Esc and Quit game.

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 07:28 AM
After installing 1.11 patch, I tried to continue my Russian fighter campaing (Leningrad). In briefing screen, my map was all over brown and I could only see names of the towns. When I tried to start mission, I got this message

Mission Loading failed landscape 'FinsGulf/Load_W.ini' loading error.

Hope this will be fixed.

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 10:40 AM
There is an even more serious flaw in campaigns with the patch.
The mission debriefing actually refers to the first attempt at the previously flown mission instead of the one its supposed to refer to.
Also, occassionally if you try to fly the next mission your screen will just fill up with loads of menu tab icons, and your campaign will be OVER. Particularly annoying when you've worked long and hard hours an a campaign without cheating.

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 12:21 PM
Hi,

The first problem is not campaign-related. The map does not load. Apparently something is bad with the installation.

The second one is, but there is not enough of information. It does not look like a common problem, because it is the first time I read about it, and is probably something installation-specific too. The generator was not changed at all in 1.11 comparing to 1.1 and has only _very_ minor changes comparing to 1.1b.

So if it happens, and not even once after the installation of 1.11, we can find out what is going on if the next time you see it you will exit the game immediately, go to the root directory of the installation and copy to some safe place files Dgen.log, Dgen2.log, Dgen3.log. The files will be overwritten next time you run the generator, so it is important to move or rename them. If you send them to me, most likely I'll be able to reproduce exactly what happens.

My address is
starshoy at rogers dot com

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 01:02 PM
In version 1.0, I flied Jabo Campaign in Berlin and it ended just like you said. This has only happened once after that.

Message Edited on 09/17/0308:17AM by Domar2