PDA

View Full Version : Al Mualim

Pendragon_082
11-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Has anybody noticed that Al Mualim has all of his fingers? I think that's kinda weird considering the Hidden Blade is THE weapon of the Assassins and he's in charge.

Varenis
11-09-2009, 11:57 AM
He is leader of the assassins and not working on the field. And since he is so uber he doesnt need one.

Grandmaster_Z
11-09-2009, 11:59 AM
i think the whole "cutting the ring finger" seemed cool at first when ubi thought of it, but i think they realize it was kind of dumb now.

Phobos14
11-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah it was a great way to show that the chick controlling the animus was also an assassin but now its becoming more and more obvious that not all assassins had their fingers cut off..

Gazman16
11-09-2009, 12:17 PM
we used to have this trick in theatre at school when we would convince the younger students that if they put red dots either side of the bridge of their nose it would bring attention to their eyes. The assassins finger thing is the same. If a little meaner.

Eldran
11-09-2009, 12:46 PM
I'm sure there's been threads on this before, but hey...

SPOILERS START

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Al Mualim doesn't have his fingers cut off because he's working with the Templars.</span>

SPOILERS END

Otherwise, just a cool thing Ubi thought up but didn't really do a thorough job of.

JudgeQwerty
11-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Eldran:
I'm sure there's been threads on this before, but hey...

SPOILERS START

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Al Mualim doesn't have his fingers cut off because he's working with the Templars.</span>

SPOILERS END

Otherwise, just a cool thing Ubi thought up but didn't really do a thorough job of.

That is not even remotely relevant to the discussion. Al Mualim was either an Assassin before Robert was even born or founded the clan himself.

Pendragon_082
11-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Well did Lucy actually have a missing finger or did she just bend it back?

Because from what I can tell, the hidden blade wasnt modified to be further from the wrist and thus not requiring finger removal until Leonardo got his hands on it.

noobkira
11-09-2009, 02:49 PM
all the more reason i didnt trust him on my first playthrough

Eldran
11-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon_082:
Well did Lucy actually have a missing finger or did she just bend it back?

She bends it back I think, I had a look and she has all her fingers...

And Judge, I thought this discussion was about why most of the Assassins (Ubi might not have followed the theme thoroughly) and Al Mualim (explained) didn't have a finger missing?

JudgeQwerty
11-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Indeed, but working with templars wouldn't really have any relevance to his fingers. If its a tradition, he'd have it cut anyway. If its only for hidden blade convenience, then it might not have existed if and when he was a traditional assassin. "I need all ten fingers to rule the world" isn't really a valid excuse among assassins...

Pendragon_082
11-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:
Indeed, but working with templars wouldn't really have any relevance to his fingers. If its a tradition, he'd have it cut anyway. If its only for hidden blade convenience, then it might not have existed if and when he was a traditional assassin. "I need all ten fingers to rule the world" isn't really a valid excuse among assassins...

you're right, they need nine and a sharp/pointy replacement

XD

rodman2588
11-09-2009, 03:40 PM
http://blogs.ign.com/UbiAssassinsCreed/

Read it, in like the 5th paragraph corey may speaks of lucy and the finger scene from ac1. (i dont know if someone might consider it a spoiler or not, i dont think it is)

Eldran
11-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:

True, but if he was working with them (or was one) maybe he wouldn't have wanted to lose a finger and used his position of power to avoid having to do it? Though if he came into the brotherhood as an initiate I can see where you're coming from.