PDA

View Full Version : An ancestor in New World? And what's up with this? Implant!

Altair661
09-14-2011, 01:35 PM
I have three points to make/ask. One of them being pretty crazy.

1) What's up with no French Revolution? Everyone knows when Sean says "Those two symbols are in one place"(rough remembering) which leads to the French Revolution. And so far there has been NO HINT towards an AC game actually taking place during then yet. Maybe a Vita game? Or a Desmond memory/bleeding effect in AC3?

2) If Christopher Columbus sailed in 1492, and ACR takes place in 1511 I believe. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't take a chance to explore the early America's. Or the Revolution. But I'd like to see how evnetually Ezio's bloodline makes it to America. If there was one. Or who was the first Assassin there, because just like Ezio rebuilt the Brotherhood in Italy, someone had to start it in America eventually. Right?

3) Lastly, I know this kinda crazy. But this strictly a "what if". In no way, shape, or form do I believe this will happen. But what if someone were to 'implant' the Apple of Eden in their own body/brain. Potentially, wouldn't know everything? But possibly be driven insane from it? Just an interesting thought that popped into my head.

So, I know some of these have already be brought up and they are not necessarily new (except my 3rd one) but what do you guys think?

naran6142
09-14-2011, 01:47 PM
there was a game called AC Discovery(dont remember with system). in it i believe ezio had met Christopher columbus. so they did think about that

and i wouldn't think having the apple implanted in ur body would do anything special, cuz the apple probably wasn't designed to work that way

AnthonyA85
09-14-2011, 02:30 PM
If memory serves (and I belive it does), Shaun never actually said where those two symbols appear side-by-side, he was going to, but everyone got muted when Desmond picked up the Apple, so Shaun never finished his sentence.

I never saw or heard of any reference to the French Revolution during that end cinematic.

here's proof, starting from 7:39 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-K3DUzvqs0) minutes in.

rileypoole1234
09-14-2011, 02:34 PM
We're probably never going to see an AC game on the other side of the Atlantic. I'd be fine with it too honestly, i'm not interested in it at all. I used to hate the idea of an AC set in France, but now I think it would be awesome. London would the the best I think though.

LightRey
09-14-2011, 02:38 PM
1) Practically nobody expected AC2 to be in Italy until the first trailers popped up. Even though they gave a decently strong hint this time, AC3 could take place anywhere and we'll probably won't find out till next year.

2) [Project Legacy SPOILERS] In Project Legacy the last sequence of the Rome package is also about Giovanni Borgia, son of Lucrezia Borgia and Perotto Calderon, an assassin, traveled to the Americas along with Hernán Cortés and retreived a PoE from the Aztecs, one of the crystal skulls, which he took back to Italy for study by the assassins. [END SPOILERS]

3. I doubt it. I don't think it would work anything like that.

kriegerdesgottes
09-14-2011, 02:58 PM
There are the facts that the other members have mentioned and I would also like to point out that just because Ezio is living in the time of Christopher Columbus and he meets him does not mean at all that it is through his particular line that Desmond's ancestors came to the Americas.

Will_Lucky
09-14-2011, 03:00 PM
2) If Christopher Columbus sailed in 1492, and ACR takes place in 1511 I believe. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't take a chance to explore the early America's. Or the Revolution. But I'd like to see how evnetually Ezio's bloodline makes it to America. If there was one. Or who was the first Assassin there, because just like Ezio rebuilt the Brotherhood in Italy, someone had to start it in America eventually. Right?

Well, Ezios side of the family may never have necessarily have gone to the America's, but Altairs could have.

kriegerdesgottes
09-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Will_Lucky:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Well, Ezios side of the family may never have necessarily have gone to the America's, but Altairs could have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or several other of his family line. In the course of even 500 years, desmond is related to thousands of ancestors who could have potentially come over.

Jexx21
09-14-2011, 03:13 PM
As said before, we have AC2: Discovery for the DS which was focused on Columbus a bit. And those 2 symbols are the only hint for a french revolution setting.

kriegerdesgottes
09-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
As said before, we have AC2: Discovery for the DS which was focused on Columbus a bit. And those 2 symbols are the only hint for a french revolution setting.

yeah and just like rey said, Ubisoft likes to throw people off of their trail. That's just something to keep in mind. They like to make you think one thing which they will eventually justify and then go somewhere totally different and unexpected. I remember after the first game everyone was sure it would be in Revolutionary France and April 6 came and we all saw the renaissance and I don't think anyone saw it coming and it was brilliant.

Jexx21
09-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

yeah and just like rey said, Ubisoft likes to throw people off of their trail. That's just something to keep in mind. They like to make you think one thing which they will eventually justify and then go somewhere totally different and unexpected. I remember after the first game everyone was sure it would be in Revolutionary France and April 6 came and we all saw the renaissance and I don't think anyone saw it coming and it was brilliant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought many people also thought Eastern Asia because of the chinese/japanese symbols (I want to say hieroglyphs, but that's Egypt) on Desmond's walls at the end of AC1.

Ah, regardless of what AC3 has, I'm sure it'll be rock solid. I would love it to be in Egypt also, the Pyramids would be freaking awesome to climb.

LightRey
09-14-2011, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

yeah and just like rey said, Ubisoft likes to throw people off of their trail. That's just something to keep in mind. They like to make you think one thing which they will eventually justify and then go somewhere totally different and unexpected. I remember after the first game everyone was sure it would be in Revolutionary France and April 6 came and we all saw the renaissance and I don't think anyone saw it coming and it was brilliant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought many people also thought Eastern Asia because of the chinese/japanese symbols (I want to say hieroglyphs, but that's Egypt) on Desmond's walls at the end of AC1.

Ah, regardless of what AC3 has, I'm sure it'll be rock solid. I would love it to be in Egypt also, the Pyramids would be freaking awesome to climb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True, but there were symbols of basically every major culture on those walls, so that theory was not very good to begin with :P

Jexx21
09-14-2011, 03:38 PM
True, true.

Still, I don't quite know if I would want AC3 in the French Revolution. I would, however, love Egypt.

LightRey
09-14-2011, 03:46 PM
True, true.

Still, I don't quite know if I would want AC3 in the French Revolution. I would, however, love Egypt.
I'd like that too. Though I'd probably prefer cultures that have barely been used in video games, movies and (modern) novels. One of the things I've always enjoyed about AC is that they covered places and cultures that haven't been used many times before.

Jexx21
09-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
True, true.

I'd like that too. Though I'd probably prefer cultures that have barely been used in video games, movies and (modern) novels. One of the things I've always enjoyed about AC is that they covered places and cultures that haven't been used many times before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true... maybe Mongolia then? I don't recall anything recent in Mongolia.

AntiChrist7
09-14-2011, 03:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
True, true.

I'd like that too. Though I'd probably prefer cultures that have barely been used in video games, movies and (modern) novels. One of the things I've always enjoyed about AC is that they covered places and cultures that haven't been used many times before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true... maybe Mongolia then? I don't recall anything recent in Mongolia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

altair traveled with his sons to mongolia to stop djenghis kahn, although it was eventually the assassin qulan gal who shot his horse, which caused the death of the warlord

He has a statue in the sanctuary.

kriegerdesgottes
09-14-2011, 03:55 PM
What scares me about ancient settings is just how little we know about them. I know one thing I love about AC is how they recreate areas very close to how they were at the time. The problem with ancient settings is a lot of the information is typically missing or all we know is from small amounts of evidence or myths and I like the historical accuracy to be as close as possible.

Assassin_M
09-14-2011, 03:56 PM
True, true.

Ancient Egypt has been in many Video Games, True, but not the later Ages.
This transferred a wrong image of the Society in Egypt to some people, some still believe that till now Egypt is merely Desert and Camels.

Jexx21
09-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
True, true.

This transferred a wrong image of the Society in Egypt to some people, some still believe that till now Egypt is merely Desert and Camels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, didn't they build the Cairo airport on top of some ancient ruins? It's not just desert and camels now, it has airplanes! :O

LightRey
09-15-2011, 12:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
True, true.

This transferred a wrong image of the Society in Egypt to some people, some still believe that till now Egypt is merely Desert and Camels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, didn't they build the Cairo airport on top of some ancient ruins? It's not just desert and camels now, it has airplanes! :O </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I wouldn't be surprised if most of Cairo was built on ancient ruins. Speaking of Egypt, I'm going there next year http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Assassin_M
09-15-2011, 03:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
True, true.

Yea, didn't they build the Cairo airport on top of some ancient ruins? It's not just desert and camels now, it has airplanes! :O </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I wouldn't be surprised if most of Cairo was built on ancient ruins. Speaking of Egypt, I'm going there next year http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
AWESOME http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif wanna meet up ?

LightRey
09-15-2011, 11:12 AM
AWESOME http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif wanna meet up ?
Lol, maybe. I'd have to wait and see if there will be time in my mom's crazy schedule. I'm kinda going for her. She wants to go on one last big vacation with me before I leave the house.
Anyways, meeting up with people you've met on the internet is not exactly the safest thing to do, so it might not be smart to do for either of us, just as a precaution.

CRUDFACE
09-15-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm hoping we go to Egypt, not only because of how awesome it is for obvious reasons, but because Adam and Eve did the "Truth" video in Africa somewhere and it'd be cool if a pyramid somewhere was tied to a temple of some sorts.

Lightrey/Assassin_M: though I think you guys should meet up, both of you should DEFINITELY take some pics while you're out there. Make some cool memories. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Assassin_M
09-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Lol, maybe. I'd have to wait and see if there will be time in my mom's crazy schedule. I'm kinda going for her. She wants to go on one last big vacation with me before I leave the house.
Anyways, meeting up with people you've met on the internet is not exactly the safest thing to do, so it might not be smart to do for either of us, just as a precaution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LoL I was joking http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.
you might turn out to be a psychotic killer obsessed with AC haha.
and I might be a Pedophile.

LightRey
09-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Anyways, meeting up with people you've met on the internet is not exactly the safest thing to do, so it might not be smart to do for either of us, just as a precaution. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
and I might be a Pedophile. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lol, good luck with finding any little kids then cuz I'm 20 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Assassin_M
09-15-2011, 11:51 AM
and I might be a Pedophile. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lol, good luck with finding any little kids then cuz I'm 20 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Really ? Darn !! there goes my latest to-be-Victim.... did I say that out loud ?

albertwesker22
09-15-2011, 12:09 PM

Are you saying you could be a predator? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif jk

I hope you have a great time in Egypt. I'm going to Istanbul for the 10th time in November http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I want the city fresh in my mind for when I first play Revelations.

LightRey
09-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:

Are you saying you could be a predator? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif jk

I hope you have a great time in Egypt. I'm going to Istanbul for the 10th time in November http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I want the city fresh in my mind for when I first play Revelations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks. I think just getting to see the Great Pyramids and the Abu Simbel temples would've been enough to make it a great vacation, and we're going to see a lot more things. Have fun in Istanbul, I do think I wanna go there someday after I've played ACR and see how many things I recognize.

rain89c
09-15-2011, 01:40 PM
True, true.

I would love AC3 in Egypt also. ^^
French Revolution is definitely a no no.

dxsxhxcx
09-15-2011, 02:04 PM
I would like to play in Egypt with that female assassin who has a statue in the sanctuary, the first time I played AC2 I thought we would end up seeing more of each of those assassins and even meet the people who are their descendants in the modern days, it seems I was wrong... =/

but I hope in the future if/when Ubisoft decide to continue making AC games (with or without the use of the animus) they decide to show us more about all of them...

LightRey
09-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
I would like to play in Egypt with that female assassin who has a statue in the sanctuary, the first time I played AC2 I thought we would end up seeing more of each of those assassins and even meet the people who are their descendants in the modern days, it seems I was wrong... =/

but I hope in the future if/when Ubisoft decide to continue making AC games (with or without the use of the animus) they decide to show us more about all of them...
Well, it shouldn't be that hard to guess how their famous assassinations went down, since they were famous.

dxsxhxcx
09-15-2011, 02:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

Well, it shouldn't be that hard to guess how their famous assassinations went down, since they were famous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know but it would be cool to play as them anyway, and the plot AC has would give that unique feeling to the story, even though we already know who their main targets were and how they died...

LightRey
09-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

Well, it shouldn't be that hard to guess how their famous assassinations went down, since they were famous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know but it would be cool to play as them anyway, and the plot AC has would give that unique feeling to the story, even though we already know who their main targets were and how they died... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd eventually make more games of or at least more references to them. They were legendary Assassins after all.

Jexx21
09-15-2011, 08:16 PM

I know but it would be cool to play as them anyway, and the plot AC has would give that unique feeling to the story, even though we already know who their main targets were and how they died... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd eventually make more games of or at least more references to them. They were legendary Assassins after all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of my earlier thoughts for AC3 was that we would play as all of the 6 assassins in the sanctuary in-between the Desmond gameplay.

LightRey
09-16-2011, 04:39 AM
One of my earlier thoughts for AC3 was that we would play as all of the 6 assassins in the sanctuary in-between the Desmond gameplay.
I don't think that would've been a good idea for Desmond considering the hazards of the bleeding effect.