PDA

View Full Version : PS3 or Xbox 360

Pcleez
12-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Ok, so I'm sure there is a huge debate about this and I'm probably opening up a can of worms but I have a question.

I keep reading stuff that XBOX has better gameplan for the new AC, but that PS3 has the copernicus theory extra levels. I know I'm opening myself up to lots of fanboy raving here, but I have access to a PS3 (I'd have to give my brother my blu ray player while I use his PS3) and I own a 360. Which system should I buy AC on>

dchil279
12-09-2010, 02:30 PM
whatever you own, its the same, unless you want the copernico missions, but they suck

Pcleez
12-09-2010, 02:30 PM
thats game play, not gameplan. sorry.

Pcleez
12-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by dchil279:
whatever you own, its the same, unless you want the copernico missions, but they suck

really? so is the frames per second stuff I've heard (faster on 360) true or no?

dchil279
12-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Pcleez:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dchil279:

really? so is the frames per second stuff I've heard (faster on 360) true or no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It is said to be a little better on 360 but there's hardly any difference, so if you have a 360 buy it for that. if you have a ps3 buy it for that. If you have both choose between unnoticably better graphics and 5 dumb easy missions

Mutley_Rulz
12-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Go for whichever you have more friends on. PS3 supposedly has better graphics, Xbox supposedly has better fps - to be honest the Copernico missions weren't all that. Just deliver messages to his mates so they don't get killed, preferably within a time limit.

AssassinVenice
12-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by dchil279:
I've completed them at 100 sync and they were pretty entertaining.

YHHTQ
12-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Mutley_Rulz:
Go for whichever you have more friends on. PS3 supposedly has better graphics, Xbox supposedly has better fps - to be honest the Copernico missions weren't all that. Just deliver messages to his mates so they don't get killed, preferably within a time limit.

The Xbox 360 version has the best graphics, which includes smoother framerate and no blurry textures, even though there's noticeable improvements over AC2.

The tearing however is still terrible in both versions from what I've seen. :\

obliviondoll
12-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mutley_Rulz:

The Xbox 360 version has the best graphics, which includes smoother framerate and no blurry textures, even though there's noticeable improvements over AC2.

The tearing however is still terrible in both versions from what I've seen. :\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Except that all the things which make the PS3 version look less polished than the 360 are fixed by having the right settings in the console and TV.

So really, there's only the (very) slight framerate increase when playing the 360, and it's not enough to be picked by a human player. It's not even consistent that the 360 has a better framerate.

YHHTQ
12-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mutley_Rulz:

The tearing however is still terrible in both versions from what I've seen. :\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Except that all the things which make the PS3 version look less polished than the 360 are fixed by having the right settings in the console and TV.

So really, there's only the (very) slight framerate increase when playing the 360, and it's not enough to be picked by a human player. It's not even consistent that the 360 has a better framerate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Proper calibration won't fix blurry textures or screen tearing last time I checked and it's definately noticeable the smoother framerate on the 360.

Yet, as I mentioned already, both of them tear like hell in some cases.

Henry454
12-13-2010, 11:28 AM
If you play PS3 more go 360 and vica verca. I personally prefer PS3 because I own on multiplayer but if you want a challenge then go on whichever your less used to.

persiateddy95
12-13-2010, 11:34 AM
I find pretty sad these discussions. Even if one has better graphics, those are MINOR differences. It won't look drastically better/worse, probably you won't even notice.

So I don't see the point of this. I even play PS3 on an normal TV sometimes.
Plus, better graphics won't make the game better or worse.

Oatkeeper
12-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Both Versions are near the same, The graphics on PS3 can be better adjusted through the system setting (fun fact the pS3 is not fully optimized by the default settings)

The both versions suffer from Frame drop issues and the PS3 admirably drops a bit lower, but its not too bad, and the issues never occur in multilayer.

If you Have both consoles I suggest the PS3 version for the DLC (and also in the case the PS3 has other exclusive) But the current DLC is not all that special so If you really want the 360 version its understandable.

dacoda69
12-13-2010, 09:46 PM
umm no actually the graphics are better on ps3 it has a better graphics card it doesnt matter what game your playing on and idk for sure if 360 has HDMI cable hook ups or not but ps3 does and they make a really big difference in the graphics
Originally posted by YHHTQ: