PDA

View Full Version : help! display card problem.

ivantanterrible
06-29-2005, 02:15 AM
I've installed SH3 on my laptop. My card is nVIDIA GForce FX 5200. In the game, i found out on the east side, there is a big white spot appear..it's really annoying.

I've got an update on my card...but the big white spot is still there. I thought it's the sun (which I think I'm too stupid getting that idea..)

pls help

The Avon Lady
06-29-2005, 02:23 AM
This is a known problem. Search the Community Help section for "spot". You should find plenty of matches.

ShinyBaldy
06-29-2005, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by ivantanterrible:
I've installed SH3 on my laptop. My card is nVIDIA GForce FX 5200. In the game, i found out on the east side, there is a big white spot appear..it's really annoying.

I've got an update on my card...but the big white spot is still there. I thought it's the sun (which I think I'm too stupid getting that idea..)

pls help

go to Nvidia.com and download the newest drivers

it'll fix a lot of the issues including the sun as well as the UZO. You may need to right click on the Nvidia options, select colour correction and reset all. (So that your video playback in other applications doesn't become bright/white)

The Avon Lady
06-29-2005, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by ShinyBaldy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ivantanterrible:

pls help

go to Nvidia.com and download the newest drivers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He said he's got a laptop. Normally the standard Geforce driver updates are not compatible with the mobile graphics chipsets in notebooks.

He should, however, at least make sure that he's installed the latest mobile graphics drivers available for his specific notebook model. These are almost always available from the notebook manufacturer's website.

ShinyBaldy
06-29-2005, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by The Avon Lady:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShinyBaldy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ivantanterrible:

pls help

go to Nvidia.com and download the newest drivers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He said he's got a laptop. Normally the standard Geforce driver updates are not compatible with the mobile graphics chipsets in notebooks.

He should, however, at least make sure that he's installed the latest mobile graphics drivers available for his specific notebook model. These are almost always available from the notebook manufacturer's website. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry - I wasn't aware that there was a Nvidia FX 5200 card built in on laptops...

The Avon Lady
06-29-2005, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by ShinyBaldy:
sorry - I wasn't aware that there was a Nvidia FX 5200 card built in on laptops...
I've got an ATI 9800 Mobility 256MB in my notebook.