PDA

View Full Version : What happened to wingmen's voices/text in coop?

PaleRidur
01-19-2005, 05:03 AM
Just starting to wonder here.

In versions before Pacific Fighters, whenever someone from your own side shot an enemy down there would be something like 'number x, excellent shot!' show as a text message and you'd get a voice saying the same thing.

Since PF, that voice and even the text message seems to only work for the host of the game.
I'm always the host, and i fly a lot of small coops with a friend of mine, whenever i shoot someone down i get a text message and the voice going 'number 1, excellent shot' or something along those lines. But whenever my friend being a client, shoots someone down nothing happens...there's is not text message and no voice.

This all worked fine before PF.
I wrote a bugreport to the right email addy twice about this but never got a response and it's still not fixed.
As i said, i'm now wondering if anyone else is having the same problem..

Cheers

PaleRidur
01-19-2005, 05:03 AM
Just starting to wonder here.

In versions before Pacific Fighters, whenever someone from your own side shot an enemy down there would be something like 'number x, excellent shot!' show as a text message and you'd get a voice saying the same thing.

Since PF, that voice and even the text message seems to only work for the host of the game.
I'm always the host, and i fly a lot of small coops with a friend of mine, whenever i shoot someone down i get a text message and the voice going 'number 1, excellent shot' or something along those lines. But whenever my friend being a client, shoots someone down nothing happens...there's is not text message and no voice.

This all worked fine before PF.
I wrote a bugreport to the right email addy twice about this but never got a response and it's still not fixed.
As i said, i'm now wondering if anyone else is having the same problem..

Cheers

TX-EcoDragon
01-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Well, I dont really fly offline much, but there is something to check to see if it's just and issue with your settings. There are settings in the program group menu to enable chatter, or you can just go direct to the conf.ini in you rmain PF folder and change the settings which is what I do (BACK UP THE ORIGINAL FIRST)

open the conf.ini and look for the section as posted below, in the areas indicated verify that the settings for each entry are 0 (off) and not 1 (on).

[game]
Arcade=0
HighGore=0
mapPadX=0.6820313
mapPadY=-0.052083332
viewSet=51
Intro=0
NoSubTitles=1 <----set to equal 0
NoChatter=0 <----set to equal 0
NoHudLog=0
NoLensFlare=0
iconTypes=3
eventlog=eventlog.lst
eventlogkeep=1
3dgunners=1

whitetornado_1
01-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Mission builders can program thier coop
so that the pilots maintain radio silence
at each waypoint.

439th_Wtornado

PaleRidur
01-20-2005, 04:12 AM
Thanks for the tips guys, but the problem is not the ini. I had already checked the ini settings.
And i make my own missions so it's not the 'radio silence' option.
Been playing IL2 since day 1 the original was released..

Just to clarify.
All these missions are with only 2 planes on the friendly side....my plane and the plane the client flies.
The missions are played online and i'm usually host..and he's usually client.
There is no AI on our side...and we're both in the same flight.

When i'm the host and shoot something down i get text(subtitle) and voice going something like "number 1, good shooting"
When he as client shoots someone down there is no text and no voice.
If he hosts and shoots something down he gets text(subtitle) and voice something like "number 1, good shooting".
And with me as client i don't get a thing.

In other words, the host does get a text and voice message when he shoots something down.....the client does not.

In all versions before Pacific Fighters the client(s) would get text and voice message like the host does.
But with PF this has stopped working.

For those who want the trk and mis file, send me a PM with your emailaddy and i'll email it.

TX-EcoDragon
01-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Oooh. . outa my league!

So here's a bump for ya. . .actually. . this should probably be in community support: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=frm&s=400102&f=49310655