PDA

View Full Version : Can canpaign missions be played by two teams ?

ikaros_1
03-02-2006, 03:13 AM
Hi everyone!
A few questions and thnx for your time in advance!

1.Can coop missions or campaigns be played by two(2) teams - red & blue - controlled by humans and not the AI, fighting each other and tryimg to complete their own mission? or the one team must be played always from the AI? The reason i'm asking this is because in coop missions(and campaigns), the person who edits the mission(in FMB), can use objects that move such as tanks,ships,planes etc. and not only static objects(as in the dogfigh servers - mode).Moving objects have results as : a.engaging in combat between hostile objects when in range, b.easier landing on a moving carrier, c.destruction of the moving objects before they reach their goal waypoint and "fullfilment of their mission",eg resupply of their team or reenforcment.

To take my thoughts farther away(maybe too far!), there could be one "general" person of each team who edits the movement of his army units(ships, tanks, trains, convoys of any kind) in FMB according to his operation objectives, then each "general" sents his FMB plan to the servers "referre", a third person who will "copy/paste" the "chess" movenents of the 2 "generals" on one map in the FMB, and the final outcome of this war will be a combination of players air activity and AI's ground and sea moving objects fighing under some rules.

Anyway my point is that you can't hit refly all the time(dogfight servers) and have moving objects at the same time(coop servers); or i'm wrong?

ikaros_1
03-02-2006, 03:13 AM
Hi everyone!
A few questions and thnx for your time in advance!

1.Can coop missions or campaigns be played by two(2) teams - red & blue - controlled by humans and not the AI, fighting each other and tryimg to complete their own mission? or the one team must be played always from the AI? The reason i'm asking this is because in coop missions(and campaigns), the person who edits the mission(in FMB), can use objects that move such as tanks,ships,planes etc. and not only static objects(as in the dogfigh servers - mode).Moving objects have results as : a.engaging in combat between hostile objects when in range, b.easier landing on a moving carrier, c.destruction of the moving objects before they reach their goal waypoint and "fullfilment of their mission",eg resupply of their team or reenforcment.

To take my thoughts farther away(maybe too far!), there could be one "general" person of each team who edits the movement of his army units(ships, tanks, trains, convoys of any kind) in FMB according to his operation objectives, then each "general" sents his FMB plan to the servers "referre", a third person who will "copy/paste" the "chess" movenents of the 2 "generals" on one map in the FMB, and the final outcome of this war will be a combination of players air activity and AI's ground and sea moving objects fighing under some rules.

Anyway my point is that you can't hit refly all the time(dogfight servers) and have moving objects at the same time(coop servers); or i'm wrong?

TAW_Oilburner
03-02-2006, 04:57 AM
Your correct. The only thing I doubt will work is the copy/pasting of missions together. To do what you want the "Generals" would need to tell the mission builder what they want to do and the mission builder would implement it.

Human vs human coops happen all the time. Please see this post (there are large organized one's once a week).

http://pub.theartofwarfare.net/modules.php?op=modload&n...wtopic&topic=24237&0 (http://pub.theartofwarfare.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB_14&file=index&action=viewtopic&topic=24237&0)

Zeus-cat
03-02-2006, 05:34 AM
Look for the campaign option in multiplayer. You can play these missions by yourself to get an idea of what they are like.