PDA

View Full Version : Is pf online play dead?

9th_Bloodfist
12-13-2004, 07:58 AM
I have really noticed that latley, les and less servers have been playing any PF maps online. This weekend I couldn't find a single server playing any except the war clouds PTO, but it was completley empty. Back before PF was released everyone was in a hype over playing it, and showing your support for the game. Now no one seems to want to play it, but would rather stick to FB and aces maps, and have traded in their KI's for the 109's. Heck this is the Pacific Fighters forums, yet people still post questions and long reads about german planes. My question for this community and those who host the servers, is why it seems they have abandoned PF so soon. Not to be rude, but I really don't care to hear anyones opinions on the campaigns and the single player aspect. The online play is what has made this sim a great game, and I personally believe that Pacific Fighters is better than FB+AEP. I'm sure someone's response will be stareing at water is boring, and my resonse to that is so is stareing at dirt lol. Anyways I just wanted to hear some of the opinions of our online players, and what if at all anything can be done to get some people to start playing it again.

georgeo76
12-13-2004, 08:32 AM
I've seen no lack of PF maps on HL, but I'd guess that after the first month of nothing but PTO, ppl are looking for a change.

I've been flying some Eastern Front stuff of late and I quite enjoy it. I don't think that any theater will ever die... just some are more popular @ different times

VW-IceFire
12-13-2004, 08:42 AM
Naa....PF is still everywhere I go. I think the Japanese side needs a little more beefing up in terms of planes, roles, and numbers before it really becomes popular.

Some servers have PF maps on rotation. UK-Dedicated has PF maps ever 3rd time or so...and I think WarClouds runs an entire Pacific theater server.

9th_Bloodfist
12-13-2004, 09:10 AM
Yes war clouds does run a pacific server, which I stated earlier is always empty. Every server I have tried, allthough they are only the "full real" servers, doesn't run any PF missions or maps. The only thing that can associate them with PF is the version # and some of them have included the B-25 and the A-20 into their allied planes line up. I just think it's pretty sad, especially since there are so many great american planes to fly. I do agree that the japs need more, and both sides definately need some torp bombers. Maybe that would help boost it.

Cattail4
12-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Bloodfist, not sure what time zone you are in but, you are welcome to join the 54th any night(USA time zones) for a rousing game of "Capture the Carrier". The only AC available are those with a hook. The object is to shoot down a bad guy, you are then eligible to land on the carrier and "capture" it, racking up a point for your side. Keep in mind that you become the primary target of the opposing team....believe me it's a very daunting task to catch a wire in a Corsair when the bad guys are shooting at you or you are already shot up.........lol.......but it's great fun and a real challenge.

Back to your observations, I find that there are many rooms hosting the 3.02bm version of the sim, but you may have to look for a room that just has navy AC along with sea and sand.

S! Cat

FA_Maddog
12-13-2004, 09:22 AM
FallenAngels on HL runs 95% Pacific maps mixed with a couple of Western front maps too.

BTW I think it has slowed down too, it may have to do with the Holidays coming up.

FatBoyHK
12-13-2004, 09:30 AM
one thing PF bothered me the most online, is that when a mission start, everyone are on the flightdeck, and then, hoho, all he11 broke loose http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif In some cases I crashed into someone for 3 times, I really tried to aviod that but planes just respawn right in fornt of your in the worst possible moment.... it is quite a killer in term of immerson, and I think we need a quick work around for this.

Also, limited planeset is a factor too. But more planes will arrive very soon, I am sure. Imagine what if we have all the Japs plane we had in AOTP... I think it will be the WF and EF servers which will be left cold and empty at that time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

9th_Spitin
12-13-2004, 10:33 AM
I have looked for games thru ASE and there are maybe 20 servers with PF (3.02b) and only 1/8 of them have a few players in them. WC's 3.02b Western Front is the only one that is near full and their PF is empty.

ElAurens
12-13-2004, 10:44 AM
I host a PF DF on the Saipan map a couple of times a week. I have one with early/mid planeset and one with late "uberplane" set.

If you see "BlitzPig_EL" serving on HL it will be a PF map. I run Version 3.02bm. (it is the best)

All are welcome.