PDA

View Full Version : Expansion or Standalone game?

arjun_ak
02-21-2004, 10:54 PM
I'm just trying to clarify...becuz i'm going to buy IL-2 FB soon, but is IL-2 Forgetten Battles an expansion pack to IL-2 Sturmovik, or is FB a game by itself? Your answer will be really apreciated, thanks...

arjun_ak
02-21-2004, 10:54 PM
I'm just trying to clarify...becuz i'm going to buy IL-2 FB soon, but is IL-2 Forgetten Battles an expansion pack to IL-2 Sturmovik, or is FB a game by itself? Your answer will be really apreciated, thanks...

tenmmike
02-21-2004, 11:18 PM
il-2 sturmovik and il-2 forgotten battles are different games ..they both are stand alone

http://images.ar15.com/forums/smiles/anim_50cal.gif U.S INFANTRY 1984-1991

RickRuski
02-21-2004, 11:28 PM
il-2 and il-2 forgotten battles are different games and are not compatible to online play. All the aircraft that are in il-2 are in il-2 forgotten battles plus many more and the new expansion pack due for release shortly will only be compatible with forgotten battles. My avise is buy il-2 forgotten battles gold pack
( which you will have to pre-order )as this will also have the expansion pack with it.

Cheers,
RickRuski

arjun_ak
02-22-2004, 03:27 PM
How come in the features section of the site, it says the game comes with "multiplayer" missions??

VW-IceFire
02-22-2004, 05:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by arjun_ak:
How come in the features section of the site, it says the game comes with "multiplayer" missions??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well thats largely because it does come with multiplayer missions. All are Co-Ops I believe. Basic dogfight maps are easy enough to make anyways...

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

Skycat_2
02-22-2004, 08:53 PM
IL-2 was the first version of the same game. 'Forgotten Battles' was originally going to be just an expansion, but 1C:Maddox Games ended up doing so much code revision that they felt it neccessary to release the reworked game as a full stand-alone product. Original IL-2 became dead as far as official support.

Forgotten Battles has all of the maps and aircraft of IL-2 v1.2, so there is no need to get IL-2 in addition to FB. Many of the IL-2 aircraft were even graphically improved for FB.