PDA

View Full Version : Hoodie

Wesm101
01-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Hey just joined this site love AC! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifI'm looking to see if some one can tell me where to get one of these other than eBay prices are crazy!

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/WES101_2008/1ff9d6f7.jpg

Cheers
Wes

itsamea-mario
01-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Why what price is it?

Wesm101
01-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Up to 200 euro

Avl521
01-04-2011, 11:31 AM
WTF...

I think it's too geeky :P

Maybe if it didn't have the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood on the hoodie, and the hoodie was more... normal, I'd get it.

But 200 euro and the actual look... not for me.

Wesm101
01-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah it's a lil geeky but still if I could get one for the right price I'd get one just to have it

Avl521
01-04-2011, 11:37 AM
But it'd have to be the RIGHT price... I wouldn't spend 200 euros on it either.

Can't think of anyone who would...

StrangelovePhD
01-04-2011, 11:39 AM
I want to like it, but I can't. I really think Desmonds hoodie from the game with the simple embossed eagle on the back, zipper hood and red lining beats the snot out of that one. It has too much going on.

In my honest opinion, the stripes on the right arm look out of place. Why it needs to say "Assassins Creed Brotherhood" on the hood I don't know and the Assassins insignia is just one detail too many. Again, there's way too much going on. I refer to the age old technique of "Keep it Simple Stupid" for maximum stylishness.

I hope that the hoodie UbiWorkshop is supposedly working on is much better than that one. Honestly, if they just made a replica of Desmonds to go along with his shirt (which I already bought) I'd buy it in a heartbeat. That one, not so much, especially not for that price.

Murcuseo
01-04-2011, 11:47 AM
This is the second thread showing this product. I'll reiterate my cynicism once again. This doesn't look like a genuine product. The picture is obviously photoshopped.

Plus I have a feeling it's the seller that's posting about it.

Just be careful y'all.

Wesm101
01-04-2011, 11:56 AM
If you are referring to me as been the seller trust me I'm not! Like I said if it was the right price I'd get one but not at that price.. As for it been photoshopped that was my first thought too but one of the sellers on eBay has pics of it in it's packaging and it looks real to me you can have a look your self and see what you think!

itsamea-mario
01-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Yeah looking more closely, the stripes on the arm don't sem to be 'flowing' with the material, the logo looks kinda out of place, and theres a zip on the collar yet its a pullover.

DeepUltra
01-04-2011, 12:25 PM
You would look cool wearing this to a computer games conference/convention like the E3 Expo, but the rest of the time... lets just say you ain't gonna impress the girls. Sorry, but I just being honest.

If you need a hoodie then spent your money on a Adidas/Nike one instead. You know thats the smart thing to do.

Remember, you're meant to play video games, not wear them.

Wesm101
01-04-2011, 01:02 PM
I wouldn't be buying it to wear around the street I just like collecting stuff like that you know

DeepUltra
01-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Wesm101:
I wouldn't be buying it to wear around the street I just like collecting stuff like that you know

Once you have 'collected' this hoodie what would you do with it? Hang it in the closet/wardrobe! While that would impress the people who live in your closet/wardrobe, it won't impress anybody else.

"But it would increase in value over time. It could make me a nice bit of profit in 10 years!" I hear you say.

If you want to invest in some thing that will make you money over a period of time, trust me, get yourself down an art gallery and spend those 200 euros on some work by a up-and-comming artist.

I'm sorry, but if you're not going to wear it, why get it.

Like Robson19822009 said, I get the feeling that you are the seller of the hoodie, and are trying to drum-up some business.

Dude... Your sales pitch has failed!

Wesm101
01-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Dude your not listening iv clearly said I wouldn't spend 200 euro on it or any where near it! I'm just saying if the price was right I would just to have it I have 2 ezio figures and an Altair Figure they do nothing but sit on a shelf I have them because I like them! And if I was the seller why would I say I wouldn't spend that much money on one if I was I'd say it's awesome I don't care how much it is I'm getting one!

ThaWhistle
01-04-2011, 02:16 PM
looks pretty damn ugly.

id rather have the hoodie from the original and second game. more subtle. stuff that is branded that much just makes ya look like a tool.

dchil279
01-04-2011, 02:27 PM
This hoodie looks WAY too geeky but Desmond's shirt looks really cool. I'm getting it.

kriegerdesgottes
01-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
This is the second thread showing this product. I'll reiterate my cynicism once again. This doesn't look like a genuine product. The picture is obviously photoshopped.

Plus I have a feeling it's the seller that's posting about it.

Just be careful y'all. This

Valentorg
01-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Avl521:
WTF...

I think it's too geeky :P

Maybe if it didn't have the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood on the hoodie, and the hoodie was more... normal, I'd get it.

But 200 euro and the actual look... not for me.

Too geeky?
You do realize you're posting this on a forum all about video games, right?

But other than that I have to agree with just about everyone on this thread. If not for the AC logo, the fact that it's almost definitely photoshopped, and the price I might have considered getting it.
It's lack of normalcy doesn't bother me in the slightest, though. But that's just me.

Sps_Drake
01-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Stripes on one arm?

GibsonD90
01-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Wow. I have this like exact same photo saved on my iPad (i believe this picture came from one as well) that I saved from ebay of this product.

I like the way this hoodie looks, I wish there was an official hoodie like this. Not a huge fan of the collar part, but I want an AC hoodie with the peak at the top of the hoodie, although I couldn't ever find one.

I figured this hoodie was some type of special edition release or something, so I'm surprised everyone thinks its fake, as I was SHOCKED this thing got bid up to $311 on ebay. Atleast the one I was watching did.

Hey Ubi, make an AC hoodie with a peak at the top! Everyone seems to want one that Desmond wears, but I don't see much special about it, just white with red on the inside and I think maybe some wierd design? Guess I'd just prefer something different..

The_Sphinx
01-05-2011, 04:30 AM
Nobody in his right mind would put a logo on the bloody hoodie like that.

It looks fake as hell. Look at the zipper, for instance. But the design is somewhat interesting, albeit a bit TOO much.

Masta_Pain
01-05-2011, 05:38 AM
uggh. Disgusting. Who would wear that outside?
If they removed the ACB logo, the Assassins logo, the collar, the stripes on the arm and the red bits at the bottom of the hoodie and ends of the arms (but kept it red inside, then I MIGHT buy it. If I'm going to wear something from my favourite game series, it needs to be subtle.

A pointed hoodie with red lining would be ideal, even better yet Desmond's hoodie from ACB exactly. The eagle embroidering on the back already looks awesome, just give it a heavy duty metal zip and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I guess the rule of thumb here is NO LOGOS.

ThaWhistle
01-05-2011, 11:50 AM
big gay graphics on shirts are the preferred decoration of hillbillies, ******bags all manner of urban dweller and for some reason, the occasional mormon.

kriegerdesgottes
01-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
big gay graphics on shirts are the preferred decoration of hillbillies, ******bags all manner of urban dweller and for some reason, the occasional mormon. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) lol that made my day!

the_atm
01-05-2011, 03:09 PM
you know your a gammer when you want one... but no one said what you are when you realllllly want one like me :P

Valentorg
01-06-2011, 11:32 AM
big gay graphics on shirts are the preferred decoration of hillbillies, ******bags all manner of urban dweller and for some reason, the occasional mormon.

Hillbillies AND urban dwellers? Aren't those kind of opposite?

ThaWhistle
01-06-2011, 12:37 PM
somewhat. but at the same time they are similar.

For example. look at nascar t-shirts or whatever the hell they sell at urban outfitters or somewhere with a young urban target demographic.

E-Zekiel
01-06-2011, 01:07 PM
I actually like the way it looks too - but the logo on the hood 100% kills it. I'd wear it if not for that, but it's out of the question with that logo there.

Valentorg
01-06-2011, 10:38 PM
somewhat. but at the same time they are similar.

For example. look at nascar t-shirts or whatever the hell they sell at urban outfitters or somewhere with a young urban target demographic.

Actually come to think of it, plaid seems to have somehow become considered fashionable in recent years, and that used o be typically at least a redneck thing.