PDA

View Full Version : Where are the city events?

Litlleninja
12-11-2011, 01:11 PM
I was really looking forward to play these city events/systemic events, I have spend alot of time running around the city. I think I have only tried 3 different city events: the stalker, the man who wants to fight you and the man who wants you to move some boxes.Am I missing something?
(the city events are marked on the map with a black dot)
Dev interview from http://www.nowgamer.com/featur...s_dev_interview.html (http://www.nowgamer.com/features/937893/assassins_creed_revelations_dev_interview.html)
In terms of mission structure, can we expect any big changes to the way the story and side missions are presented?

Our approach for the side missions really changed. We used to have what we called ‘crowd missions’ where we had people in the city that you could approach and they will solicit you for this or that. We’ve entirely removed that [in Revelations] and we replaced it with what we call ‘ city events ’.

Basically, the city is living. As you walk by or view from high, dynamic events are happening and Ezio can choose to take part or ignore, but it’s all happening in real-time around you. This gives the whole structure of the game a dynamic feel, a more immersive city to inhabit – it doesn’t feel as staged or as set-up. Instead, it feels much more organic and immersive.

As for the story missions we always really try to have really neat twists to every mission and we really try to find a way to involve mission givers into the world, not have a static marker. So we took what we had and really put a lot of effort into making it feel more connected, contextualising each mission into the different areas of the city.

Furthermore, the city itself is really encouraging players to explore with the side missions, ingredients… We’re really going by the rule of, ‘A funny thing happened to be on the way to the mission’. You know, stumbling across an ingredient that can be crafted into a bomb that can be used in the upcoming mission.

Maybe you want to go to the bomb engineer to gather more information about the ingredient and on the way there this shopkeeper gets mugged and you decide to help him. This is really the direction we are taking.

The game is just this huge, immersive sandbox where you can run around the city and choose to interact, or not, with everything that is being presented to you.

value_zero
12-12-2011, 02:43 AM
In the city.

Ferrith
12-12-2011, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Litlleninja:
I was really looking forward to play these city events/systemic events, I have spend alot of time running around the city. I think I have only tried 3 different city events: the stalker, the man who wants to fight you and the man who wants you to move some boxes.Am I missing something?
No, you are not. That's it.

Now, about Devs interview, I wasn't aware of that, but if they decided to change permanently the side missions with the so-called "city events" then... yikes. The side missions, although kind of repetitive, had more character because they were bound to specific people. City events are just garbage.