PDA

View Full Version : Were you able to solve the Glyph Clusters by yourself?

Dec.2012
05-21-2011, 01:29 AM
I know there are guides and videos for all the puzzles, but I was just wondering how many of us actually resisted looking up answers when things got tough.

I admit that I did use the internet, but only for the last puzzle's "pick 5 pictures" to read about the Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty, and the Taj Mahal.

Moultonborough
05-21-2011, 02:09 AM
I looked up almost all of them. Mostly the ones with the pictures where you had to get the right code. AC2 Glyphs were so much easier except for the symbol ones toward the end.

iN3krO
05-21-2011, 02:58 AM
There were one that i coudln't solve my self... i just couldn't find the right code in the photos....

SixKeys
05-21-2011, 04:39 AM
My biggest problem with the glyph puzzles, believe it or not, was moving the chess pieces. I don't know a thing about chess, so I had to look up which one's the Queen, which one's the Bishop etc. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Getting the rings to align on some of the puzzles was also a pain in the neck.

arkadye
05-21-2011, 07:14 AM
I often found the codewheels frustrating, as there was often a very convoluted logic behind them.

Especially the last one. Only way to solve it (as far as I could figure) was to try all 10,000 possible combinations until one worked...

AMuppetMatt
05-21-2011, 07:38 AM
The last code puzzle is easy!
The previous codes that you've used to unlock bits are sorted into 3 columns at the bottom of the screen, you just put in the symbol that comes up for the corresponding numbers that you have to move it for
I.E

917 - 555 - 612
001 - 432 - 214
624 - 007 - 789

You move the first input area (push down on the left stick) 9 times, then once, then 7; then you go to the next line so you move it once, then the next so 6 times down, then 2 times down, then 4 times down and you have the first symbol. Second column of numbers corresponds to the second input area, so you press down 5 times, then 5 again and so on.

Really, Really easy. Did it first attempt.

Never once used the internet, spent 1 and a half hours on 1 cluster though. Well worth it, but I almost gave up and had a look. Glad I didn't.

Speaking of the last code wheel, I was round a friend's house helping him with the glyph puzzles (he ain't too bright) and he started putting in random symbols. He obviously didn't know what he was doing, so I said "Sam, that isn't going to-"... stopped there, he got it first try guessing. Cheeky beggar...

Black_Widow9
05-21-2011, 12:49 PM
I looked up 1-2. We don't have an HDTV yet so sometimes it's hard to see what is on the screen. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

gamertam
05-21-2011, 01:15 PM
I won't lie to you. I must admit i did looked it up for answers to most of them. That's why the guide book is so great. Sure it's wuzzies mentality as some would argue but if you go longer than it should be solving a particular puzzel. If you fail and failed banging head against wall , a guide or online help isn't so bad.

AdmiralPerry
05-23-2011, 09:54 PM
I think I was able to solve most of them, since AC2 prepped me. LOL. The only puzzles I had difficulty with were the ones with the sound waves, where you had to make them line up to get rid of the interference. I know absolutely nothing about sound cancelling, so I got stuck quickly on those. I think I solved the first two sound waves on my own, but after that, I was lost.