PDA

View Full Version : Rebirth Of Honor Demo out



DD_NL
12-08-2004, 03:40 PM
You can beat me with a dead horse if this is old news, but I just saw this on the frontpage at Gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/rebirthofhonor/index.html

ATTENTION:
The first mission has you falling off a hangar building, so you need to fix the first waypoint in the FMB to Takeoff instead of Normfly. There are several missions that have this problem. The missions will also give you the Mission Completed message right at the start and youll notice the Primary Objective stuck somewhere up in the corner of the map, just ignore that.

I flew about 6 missions so far and allthough the airfields are nicely "dressed" and the addon includes some new skins, I cant say I'm very impressed. Nothing that you cant download already campaign, mission or skin wise from the various IL2 sites. The only thing that might be interesting is the supposedly new Maps. I'm not sure if this is worth a paid add-on.

Any comments?

BBB_Hyperion
12-08-2004, 04:18 PM
Very old news a year or so . Its a usermade campaign and some skins thats all. Even when the author dedicated much work to it . It still is a usermade campaign and skins not more .)

LeadSpitter_
12-08-2004, 09:03 PM
this is the new one out for first quarter of 2005, in feb its by the people who copied starshoys BOE the companies name is gmxmedia.

battle over europe is the only addon skins & missions pack worth it. I dont have this one yet and wont get it becuase its gmzmedia just to review but judging from the screens it low quality just like combat over europe made by gmx media.

gmx does make some descent things for cfs3 and fs9 like firepower etc but for il2 thier work is absolutely horable. But you free to decide, buy and return if you think its not worth the money.

plumps_
12-08-2004, 10:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DD_NL:
ATTENTION:
The first mission has you falling off a hangar building, so you need to fix the first waypoint in the FMB to Takeoff instead of Normfly. There are several missions that have this problem. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You should play it in AEP without PF, then you won't have to edit. Unfortunately in PF it isn't possible anymore to place Normfly waypoints with speed=0 and altitude=0 on airbases. This was a workaround that allowed us to start from a hangar instead of being lined up at the end of the runway in each mission.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The only thing that might be interesting is the supposedly new Maps. I'm not sure if this is worth a paid add-on. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
There can't be any new maps, only missions. It's not possible to add maps in a non-official third-party add-on.

It's a user-made campaign, but those who played it say it's a very good one.

plumps_
12-08-2004, 11:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
this is the new one out for first quarter of 2005, in feb its by the people who copied starshoys BOE the companies name is gmxmedia.

battle over europe is the only addon skins & missions pack worth it. I dont have this one yet and wont get it becuase its gmzmedia just to review but judging from the screens it low quality just like combat over europe made by gmx media.

gmx does make some descent things for cfs3 and fs9 like firepower etc but for il2 thier work is absolutely horable. But you free to decide, buy and return if you think its not worth the money. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
??? What are you talking there? That's just BS.

I don't know who will be the publisher in the USA. But I know that it was not developed by GMX. Here's the Author's web site: http://www.pluswave.de/

FatBoyHK
12-08-2004, 11:16 PM
I read the news some month before and found that it is pretty good, and there is actually a stroyline behind this addon, something like Hilter is dead in 1942, etcetc, quite creative.... conbined I think it is a good addon, may be Leadspitter you should take a look first before jumping into any conclusion?

plumps_
12-08-2004, 11:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DD_NL:

I flew about 6 missions so far and allthough the airfields are nicely "dressed" and the addon includes some new skins, I cant say I'm very impressed. Nothing that you cant download already campaign, mission or skin wise from the various IL2 sites. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
In Rebirth of Honor each aircraft of your squadron has its specific skin; it's part of the novel-like story. That's why there are hundreds of skins. You can't recreate that by downloading some skins and missions here and there. I haven't seen such a huge effort in any campaign you could download.

TheGozr
12-08-2004, 11:28 PM
great stuff but ain't new.

Weather_Man
12-09-2004, 01:52 AM
I liked it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

gmot_ka
12-09-2004, 04:31 AM
Does the Rebirth of H.. work in a merged version of FB/Ace/PF? I was considering to buy it. But if it doesn't work anymore I won't buy it.

DD_NL
12-09-2004, 04:41 AM
Yes, I have FB+AEP+PF merged.
But note what Plumps said:

Originally posted by DD_NL:
ATTENTION:
The first mission has you falling off a hangar building, so you need to fix the first waypoint in the FMB to Takeoff instead of Normfly. There are several missions that have this problem.


You should play it in AEP without PF, then you won't have to edit. Unfortunately in PF it isn't possible anymore to place Normfly waypoints with speed=0 and altitude=0 on airbases. This was a workaround that allowed us to start from a hangar instead of being lined up at the end of the runway in each mission.

WTE_Ibis
12-09-2004, 05:20 AM
I have the demo and thought it quite good untill one mission starts with aircrft verticle at about 30Mts. can't get past that point.Shame, I was enjoying it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

DD_NL
12-09-2004, 07:02 AM
You didnt read my post did you? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif