PDA

View Full Version : What did he say? ***SPOILERS***

Sevryn08
11-23-2007, 08:42 AM
near the end, when you finish off Al Mualim and it goes to what i like to call, "the blue room" where Altair talks to each dying person he kills, Al Mualim says, "The student beats the teacher?!? This cannot be!". Altair replies in a different language that i cannot interpret. After, Al Mualim says, "So it seems". What did Altair say?????

sincer90
11-23-2007, 12:01 PM
I was wondering about the same thing.
It sounded like Arabic to me

altairrocks
11-23-2007, 12:06 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

I had an old house, that had a room in the basement with blue carpet, blue walls, everything, that I called The Blue Room. Creepiest place ever. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway I was wondering the same thing too. Anyone translate Arabic?

Zain0
11-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by altairrocks:
I had an old house, that had a room in the basement with blue carpet, blue walls, everything, that I called The Blue Room. Creepiest place ever. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

For a second there I thought you were telling us that Altair said that to Al Mualim LOL

altairrocks
11-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Hah! No, that would be really strange though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

AirRon_2K7
11-23-2007, 12:19 PM
I posted this somewhere else, but here it is again.

My expert Muslim knowledge allowed me to interpret what was said:

"LOLOLOL OWNED U N00B lol looks lyk lvl 50 aint all that gr8 !"

disclaimer: That isn't what is said, I don't have expert muslim knowledge... or any Arabic skills >_>

Seanisback9511
11-23-2007, 12:20 PM
I think that it might be a poem of some sort but nah i have enought trouble counting from
1-10 in koren

Hassan-Sabbah
11-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Arabic: "Believe in nothing; Dare everything." (VERY rough translation).

In other words, "Nothing is true, Everything is permitted."

BlackRabbit
11-23-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Hassan-Sabbah:
Arabic: "Believe in nothing; Dare everything." (VERY rough translation).

In other words, "Nothing is true, Everything is permitted."
Well it certainly would make sense.

NeoshinobiX
11-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Altair is such a BAMF i would have his babies.

Chadega1
11-25-2007, 06:48 PM
I have trouble hearing what is exactly said in the videos I've watched online (either I'm missing something or its just bad pronunciation) but I think he says:

الشيء واقعٌ مُطلَق بلا كلّهم ممكن

Transliterated: ash-shay waaq3-un mutlaq bi-laa kulhum mumkin.

I'm really not sure about the second word, and not sure about the "bi-laa kulhum" either though the next possibility is "bi al-kulhum" which doesn't make sense. The first, third, and last words I am sure of.

That would translate to (rather literal, not good translation).... The thing happening is free without all of it/them possible.

Which doesn't sound good... Looking at it more, I think I have the second word wrong. It may be a ونَ ending and not the case ending ٌ , so it could be a different word. Not to mention for the rough translation I picked random English words to translate to as Im not sure what he is trying to say in context.

This is aggravating. Will have to come back and look at it another time, maybe show someone else the clip as I think I'm hearing it wrong or something.

mastoner20
12-31-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Chadega1:
I have trouble hearing what is exactly said in the videos I've watched online (either I'm missing something or its just bad pronunciation) but I think he says:

I'm really not sure about the second word, and not sure about the "bi-laa kulhum" either though the next possibility is "bi al-kulhum" which doesn't make sense. The first, third, and last words I am sure of.

That would translate to (rather literal, not good translation).... The thing happening is free without all of it/them possible.

Which doesn't sound good... Looking at it more, I think I have the second word wrong. It may be a ونَ ending and not the case ending ٌ , so it could be a different word. Not to mention for the rough translation I picked random English words to translate to as Im not sure what he is trying to say in context.

This is aggravating. Will have to come back and look at it another time, maybe show someone else the clip as I think I'm hearing it wrong or something.

I don't know the Arabic text, or speak Arabic (gee... wonder why I don't know how to use Arabic text....) but it sounds like he is pronouncing, ash-say yah wal ak-un mutlaq bi-alaa kulhum munkin. But going from the game, the phrase, Nothing is true, Everything is permitted, is something I beleive it says, but that is speculation, and I hope this helps anyone who speaks arabic...

mastoner20
01-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Chadega1:

ok, sry about this, but this is close to what chadega1 got, and I think this is what he said.

لاشيء يص*ّ كلّ شيء سم*

which according to numerous translators, it means -

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.