PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Decrease In Performance

MaartenCourseUs
04-28-2011, 10:45 AM
I installed Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and was very dismayed by the performance I was getting, considering I can run Crysis 2 at full resolution and extreme settings. I read about the new nvidia driver, beta at the time, and installed it. I was smitten by how smooth it was running at full settings following this update. Very nice. Then about a day ago, suddenly the characters move very choppy. The framerate is a bit worse but the main thing is how all the characters, including my own and the Borgia, lag around the place, not moving in fluid motions as they were a day or two ago. I have not changed any settings, messed with my hardware, or software in any way. Anyone have any ideas what could have happened or things I might try to get things running back up to speed? Thanks.

KingDaniel0
04-28-2011, 01:56 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a sudden drop in performance ONLY with AC:B, or also with other PC Games currently running on your Computer ?

If there have been no changes in Software/HW on your System, then this might be a 'Memory Leak' with AC:B.....Which copy of the game do you have, RETAIL disk or STEAM/digital download version etc. ?

Have you tried doing a fresh re-install of the game on some other Drive partition, and see if the problem still persists ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MaartenCourseUs
04-29-2011, 08:23 PM
RETAIL disk or STEAM/digital
I have the RETAIL. This hasn't been an issue with other games, namely Dead Space 2, Crysis 2, and NFSMW. Tried the 1.02 patch, but that was not intended to solve performance. Will try a fresh install. What's a memory leak?