PDA

View Full Version : Saitek Cyborg Evo Force force feedback?

timraven
03-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Hi,
I've been using my Saitek Evo Force for a while now, but only used the ffb in il-2 once or twice before not bothering with it. The ffb seems VERY weak, almost unnoticeable, and after the ffb has affected the controls, it has changed the position the stick thinks its in.
For example I could be pulling a high-g turn, and the weak ffb kicks in, and after, even though im still full back on the stick, it thinks im only pulling back halfway. To reset it I need to move it fully forward to reset the axis. Obviously this is a major problem when in a dogfight.
Are there and fixes or programs that can resove this?
By the way I am running the latest drivers
Cheers
Tim

timraven
03-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Hi,
I've been using my Saitek Evo Force for a while now, but only used the ffb in il-2 once or twice before not bothering with it. The ffb seems VERY weak, almost unnoticeable, and after the ffb has affected the controls, it has changed the position the stick thinks its in.
For example I could be pulling a high-g turn, and the weak ffb kicks in, and after, even though im still full back on the stick, it thinks im only pulling back halfway. To reset it I need to move it fully forward to reset the axis. Obviously this is a major problem when in a dogfight.
Cheers
Tim

triad773
03-07-2009, 09:45 AM
I've had an Evo Force for a couple of years and frankly, I thought it was always the game code that made the ffB weak.

In testing and calibration the stick kicks pretty hard, but not so in-game.

Somewhere... here I know, but I read that Oleg made the ffB weak intentionally, otherwise people would not like the physically demanding aspect. I am roughly paraphrasing but it was something to that effect.

CloCloZ
03-07-2009, 04:30 PM
I've used an Evo Force since a year and a half ago and I'm perfectly satisfied with the amount of feedback.
Moreover, I haven't noticed any detrimental effect of FFB on stick centering when gaming.
I'm using Win XP driver 6.0.4.1 (which, AFAIK, is the more recent although dated 05-01-2007) and the latest Saitek SD6 software, downloaded from Saitek site just a week ago.
It's true that FFB strength is much lower in game than in calibration panel (except, with the latest software, on the handgun test, which is much weaker than on previous software release I used) but I like that!
Having more force effect would mean having not realistic effects, IMHO.
And what we have is enough to annoy a little bit when shooting!

In my opinion, the strength of FFB in IL-2 with Evo Force is perfectly balanced, both for perceiving aerodynamics (stalls, etc.) and for shooting, also depending on plane and guns characteristics (Hispano recoil effect is much more considerable when flying a Spit than when flying and shooting on a heavier Tempest!).
I wouldn't like at all to have stronger FFB effects in game.

arthursmedley
03-08-2009, 08:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timraven:

after the ffb has affected the controls, it has changed the position the stick thinks its in.
Cheers
Tim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been using this stick for about 3-4 years now and have just started using the ffb feature and am rather enjoying it. I find it works especially well with aircraft such as the FW190 and P51 where you have to be 'precise,' if you know what I mean?

However, I know exectly what you mean and find it quite a pain in the backside to have to push and pull on the stick to regain Elevator authority. It does this whilst using the non-ffb mode as well. I'd be very interested in a fix for this too.