PDA

View Full Version : Question about Desmond ending ***SPOILER***

Hollywood_009
11-20-2007, 05:07 PM
OK I FINISHED THE GAME WITH ALL INVESTIGATIONS AND GLICHES BUT I DIDNT TALK TO LUCY AT ALL SO IS/WAS DESMOND REALLY AN ASSASSIN??

CouchZombie
11-20-2007, 05:12 PM
please do not type in all caps, on the internet it's consider yelling and quite rude to the other forum members, thank you.

IMO, as for Desmond i do not believe he is an assassin, but when talking to lucy through out the game i believe that she is part of the assassin's guild, there is one conversation where the camera focuses on her hand and her index finger was cut off, much like altair's was for his hidden blade.

ElKvass
11-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Desmond was raised in the desert by his parents which belonged to the Assassin's Clan so I would guess he's kindof an assassin. Besides in the little comic book thing that came with the Collector's Edition you see both Desmond and Alta´r saying they're assassins. Lucy belongs to the same thing I guess(cause of the finger) and she even has a conversation with Desmond asking him if he really was an assassin and he says yes.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Lucy isn't missing a finger. I checked last night.

Bloxham
11-20-2007, 11:39 PM
1. Lucy is not missing a finger. There is a scene where she BENDS IT to signal she is an Assassin, but she has 5 fingers.

2. Desmond is an Assassin in the sense that he comes from a line of Assassins (Assassin by blood basically), but having run away from home, he has received no formal training. So aside from the skills he has obtained via the "bleeding effect" (discussed in emails found during the game), he has no assassin abilities.

Release_15
11-21-2007, 12:09 AM
aside from the skills he has obtained via the "bleeding effect" (discussed in emails found during the game), he has no assassin abilities.
I must have missed one of those.
Could you give me the lowdown on the 'bleeding' effect?

MiniAssasin
11-21-2007, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Release_15:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> aside from the skills he has obtained via the "bleeding effect" (discussed in emails found during the game), he has no assassin abilities.
Could you give me the lowdown on the 'bleeding' effect? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

basically the longer someone spends in the animus the more they beggin to believe that they are their anscester. they cannot tell their thoughts apart and thus take on their ansesters traits etc.

if y know what i mean. both their memories merge

paperwingsra
11-21-2007, 02:02 AM
but he is an assassin because in the beginning of the game...he says... i was but not anymore or something along those lines... which would imply that he is indeed and assassin

BlackRabbit
11-21-2007, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Release_15:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> aside from the skills he has obtained via the "bleeding effect" (discussed in emails found during the game), he has no assassin abilities.
Could you give me the lowdown on the 'bleeding' effect? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

basically the longer someone spends in the animus the more they beggin to believe that they are their anscester. they cannot tell their thoughts apart and thus take on their ansesters traits etc.

if y know what i mean. both their memories merge </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup.

Their personalities start to splice causing knowledge from both to combine. Given that Desmond would be capable of doing what Altair did, at the pinnacle of this bleeding effect he could do everything he did (as he'd know how).

However he'd also be a little crazy having to personalities in one head. (Multiple Personality Disorder)