PDA

View Full Version : Version 4.0 Video Problem With Water

Z1stDan
06-12-2005, 09:47 AM
With Open GL, water=1 and Perfect Landscape the water looks great,however, my rig cannot quite handle the frame hit so I have to use Excellent. With Version 3.04 the water looked almost as good as Perfect with Open GL, water=1 and Excellent Landscape. Now with Version 4.0, either Open GL or Direct X, water=1 and Excellent Landscape I'm getting this faint blueish/purpleish hazy look with appears to be floating over the water and which moves with the aircraft. It looks really bad. What the heck? Is there a setting which will fix this or is this a major fubar in the program?

Please help. Thanks!

By the way I like the new flight model expecially with my MS Force Feedback 2 stick.

Z1stDan
06-13-2005, 07:16 AM
By setting water=0 I can run with Open GL and Perfect fairly smoothly, however, the problem with Landscape set at Excellent is still there. Does anybody else who has Version 4.0 have this problem?

SlagterAbe
06-13-2005, 07:58 AM
My logical assumption is the new flight model. I remember reading that it is more resource hungry (indicative of the upcoming BoB FM) and therefore performance might be affected.

Just a guess, though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

What graphics card/drivers are you using? Use driver cleaner and install the latest stable drivers to see if that clears up the problem.

Z1stDan
06-13-2005, 08:46 AM
My system is P4, 320 ghz, 1000 mb RAM, FX5700 Ultra 128 mb card. I'm using the very latest drivers from Nvidia.

What gets me is that I get a better graphics picture in Perfect mode than I do in Excellent mode. Excellent mode is terrible while Perfect mode looks good.

It seems to me that there is something other than my system in play here because if it was just a question of my system not being able to handle the better graphics in Perfect mode, dropping down to Excellent should make things better not worse.