PDA

View Full Version : Bomb Types !?

Turkiye96
07-19-2011, 09:50 AM
ok well as said before, there are 300 different types of bombs, so what are some of the types you want?

reini03
07-19-2011, 10:10 AM
I guess there will be bombs with smoke, to blend people, explosives and some sort of chasebreakers (confirmed), which pretty much scatter nails on the ground. Hopefully we'll be able to mix those, e.g. a weaker smoke bomb which explodes when dropped.

albertwesker22
07-19-2011, 11:27 AM
I'd like a non lethal gas bomb that knocks the gaurds out, for when i'm feeling merciful.

FiskMunk
07-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Some kind of flashbang.
And lots and lots and LOTS of smoke.
Awww yeeeaaahhhh...

LightRey
07-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by FiskMunk:
Some kind of flashbang.
And lots and lots and LOTS of smoke.
Awww yeeeaaahhhh...
flashbangs would definitely be nice. I also hope Desmond will get to use flashbangs (not in ACR per se, but just at some point in the AC storyline in general).

breedlove94
07-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Greek fire bombs. I would love to see a flaming guard leap into the water in an attempt to douse the flames.

LightRey
07-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by breedlove94:
Greek fire bombs. I would love to see a flaming guard leap into the water in an attempt to douse the flames.
Somehow I don't think Ezio'd be the type for torture like that.
would be cool though.

donngold
07-19-2011, 05:18 PM
I dont see te point of chase breakers smoke bombs stopped guards who were pursuing you and stunned them. Id like smoke, gas, and" grenade like" bombs

Turkiye96
07-19-2011, 06:18 PM
I love the idea of the knock out gas and mabye the AI will be improved so that in chases if you throw a smoke bomb they will see it and try to get passed it... thus a need for the chase breakers...

what im really wondering is how many bombs can we carry and if they all have to be the same type or weither we could have like 1 smoke bomb to keep guards busy while we get close to the target and then use an explosive bomb on them and then use a chase breaker to get away! asuming that your maximum amount of bombs is 3

LightRey
07-19-2011, 06:25 PM
knock-out gas would be awesome yeah. I'd love to have more ways to take out people without killing them.

CRUDFACE
07-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by breedlove94:
would be cool though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he didn't feel all that bad about burning like four ships with Greek fire.

But for the chase breaker thing, there's going to be something like a caltrops grenade that scatters stuff on the ground to halt persuers.

albertwesker22
07-20-2011, 03:36 AM
A toxic bomb would be ok for me aswell. Basically it will have the same effect as the poson blade.

300 bomb types...i'm starting to to think thats too much lol

LightRey
07-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by breedlove94:

But for the chase breaker thing, there's going to be something like a caltrops grenade that scatters stuff on the ground to halt persuers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
but that served a purpose besides killing people. a small fire bomb to use on people would be pure torture and that isn't his style.

CRUDFACE
07-20-2011, 10:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

But for the chase breaker thing, there's going to be something like a caltrops grenade that scatters stuff on the ground to halt persuers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
but that served a purpose besides killing people. a small fire bomb to use on people would be pure torture and that isn't his style. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ezio style? Hmm, remember when he killed one of the orci brothers? He slowly pushed the hidden blade up his neck. And tbh there's no way that was the only way he could have made it to that ship. He could have free run right over there, made the whole thing into a stealth mission, swam out there to meet him or paddled a boat, or he could have assassinated a few key captains, sowed some discord, then slipped in by stealing a suit.

Ezio don't care.

LightRey
07-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Ezio style? Hmm, remember when he killed one of the orci brothers? He slowly pushed the hidden blade up his neck. And tbh there's no way that was the only way he could have made it to that ship. He could have free run right over there, made the whole thing into a stealth mission, swam out there to meet him or paddled a boat, or he could have assassinated a few key captains, sowed some discord, then slipped in by stealing a suit.

Ezio don't care.
Getting to the ship wasn't the problem. the harbor was blocked by the other ships. He couldn't sail out without getting them out of the way.

CRUDFACE
07-20-2011, 11:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Ezio don't care.
Getting to the ship wasn't the problem. the harbor was blocked by the other ships. He couldn't sail out without getting them out of the way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was blocked by the chain, not the ships.

LightRey
07-20-2011, 11:12 AM

Ezio don't care.
Getting to the ship wasn't the problem. the harbor was blocked by the other ships. He couldn't sail out without getting them out of the way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was blocked by the chain, not the ships. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He was blocked by both. Aside from the fact that it's obvious if you look at the trailer, it's also said during an interview I believe.
EDIT: The assassin talking with Ezio in the trailer also mentions that "they've ordered a full blockade" after mentioning they raised the chain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh0nRRFLJ5k

DavisP92
07-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Turkiye96:
I love the idea of the knock out gas and mabye the AI will be improved so that in chases if you throw a smoke bomb they will see it and try to get passed it... thus a need for the chase breakers...

i really hope the AI does continue to chase or try to run through the smoke. if they do i'm gonna run on the roof tops and let them chase me, throw a smoke bomb on the ground jump to another roof and watch them all fall haha

Turkiye96
07-20-2011, 11:36 AM
im starting to like the idea of fire bombs, not to kill guards but to block off streets, cause a distraction (eg. while the guards are trying to put it out you can sneek past them) or take out a ship.

also maybe oil to make the target or guards slip.

im guessith there will be a bomb that explosed and pointy metal flies out killing peole in the range

and a long lasting fog bomb, just use eagle vision and walk to your heavily guarded target kill him and walk out... when the fog clears up nobody will know what hit them! :P

Also FART BOMBS :P might be a usefull distraction XD

and i wouldnt mind a net bomb to capture a running target

sound bombs too

breedlove94
07-20-2011, 12:28 PM
im starting to like the idea of fire bombs, not to kill guards but to block off streets, cause a distraction (eg. while the guards are trying to put it out you can sneek past them) or take out a ship.

also maybe oil to make the target or guards slip.

im guessith there will be a bomb that explosed and pointy metal flies out killing peole in the range

and a long lasting fog bomb, just use eagle vision and walk to your heavily guarded target kill him and walk out... when the fog clears up nobody will know what hit them! :P

and i wouldnt mind a net bomb to capture a running target

sound bombs too Dang, i was about to mention an oil and an odor based bomb http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by albertwesker22:300 bomb types...i'm starting to to think thats too much lol
I don't think it will be 300 unique bombs, i think there will be many ways to upgrade certain bombs,like with a bigger blast radius, or longer lasting effect like smoke bombs, or even combining different types of bombs

Mr_Shade
07-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Boom...

There goes the forum.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

CRUDFACE
07-20-2011, 01:19 PM

Ezio don't care.

He was blocked by the chain, not the ships. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He was blocked by both. Aside from the fact that it's obvious if you look at the trailer, it's also said during an interview I believe.
EDIT: The assassin talking with Ezio in the trailer also mentions that "they've ordered a full blockade" after mentioning they raised the chain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh0nRRFLJ5k </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I still do think there could be more ways than that, I'd forgotten what yusuf meant. Like a more assassin-y approach, know what I mean?

But it's weird, because in the trailer, there are no ships around the one moving and are all huddled up together near where Ezio is.