PDA

View Full Version : When will carrier torpedo bombers be flyable?

dk91
08-08-2005, 05:01 PM
I was wondering when will we finally get the carrier torpedo bombers as flyable, such as the the TBFs and the B5N2, or will we everget them as flyable? im sure we will have to you cant have a pacific theatre simulation without torpedo bombers

any news what so ever?

dk91
08-08-2005, 05:01 PM
I was wondering when will we finally get the carrier torpedo bombers as flyable, such as the the TBFs and the B5N2, or will we everget them as flyable? im sure we will have to you cant have a pacific theatre simulation without torpedo bombers

any news what so ever?

Tully__
08-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Due to some legal issues I don't think you'll see the TBF at all in this game. As for the B5N2 I can't comment.

Remember that the developers are now putting the bulk of their development time into the next generation of sim, currently under the working title Battle of Britain. Any further additions to the current series are likely to be more in the form of FM & DM testbed patches rather than additional content. Should they have content ready we may be lucky enough to have it included but I'd recommend not set your heart on any particular aircraft.

dk91
08-08-2005, 09:09 PM
hmmm legal reasons?

the plane is already in the game do they need something else to give it a cockpit?

jarink
08-08-2005, 09:29 PM
Not just legal issues, although there were apparently some of those regarding some US airplanes. I think the main reason you won't see them (at least in this sim, maybe in a future BoB expansion 5 years from now) is that 1C has stopped accepting new 3D models. Oleg has said they will probably release some of what they have now, depending on how finished the models are. After that, all effort is going to the new Battle of Britain sim, due out sometime next year.

shinden1974
08-08-2005, 10:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dk91:
hmmm legal reasons?

the plane is already in the game do they need something else to give it a cockpit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cockpit is the toughest or next to toughest part...If the US torpedo bombers had been worked into the sim prior to the legal meltdown...
but nope, so no US torp. bombers. The B6N may make it, thats the only carrier torp. bomber than even has a prayer of flyability right now.

I'd check the archives, since this horse is a bloody mess.

VT-51_Razor
08-08-2005, 11:04 PM
I can't see the BoB engine revisiting the Pacific, five years from now or ever, if we're to believe statements attributed to Oleg about not ever putting another American plane, or ship in one of his sims again. If true, I can't say I really blame him, but we sure end up on the short end of the stick for it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Thanks Northrup! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

dk91
08-09-2005, 01:52 AM
hmmm i was looking at the screenshots on the devopelopment page and they got a whole bunch of planes there, the mosquito, devastator, claude, and more, so whatever happened to those planes? was oleg planning to put them in the last development update or is he saving them for the next one, or will they even be in the game at all?

STENKA_69.GIAP
08-09-2005, 09:12 AM
There already are loads of torpedo planes flyable off of carriers.

Check out the latest GIAP film on Eye of the storm (http://perso.club-internet.fr/ptthome/Tracks/eye-of-storm.zip)

Also click on my badge to visit the GIAP site look at the carrier training section and download missions.

Tooz_69GIAP
08-09-2005, 10:47 AM
The Beaufighter, A-20, G4M1-11, and IL-2T (haven't tried He-111H-6 yet) can all be flown from a carrier, and landed back on it!

And the Betty can be flown off a stationary carrier!!!!

It would be nice to see actual carrier borne torp bombers with arresting gear, but what can ye do? You can practice using these other aircraft is what!!

VW-IceFire
08-09-2005, 12:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VT-51_Razor:
I can't see the BoB engine revisiting the Pacific, five years from now or ever, if we're to believe statements attributed to Oleg about not ever putting another American plane, or ship in one of his sims again. If true, I can't say I really blame him, but we sure end up on the short end of the stick for it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Thanks Northrup! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think that has passed...

Just look at the new game from UbiSoft that has P-51s and P-40s and stuff in it. For a while, these companies were able to push these rediculous things on people like Oleg...but I think it has passed. Too late to do anything about PF but maybe we'll see US aircraft in the future.

I'm looking forward to North Africa after BoB is finished...it wouldn't be the same without Warhawks, Bostons, and the like. I wonder if you may see alot of British designations (names) instead of the American factory numbers...not sure.

jamesdietz
08-09-2005, 01:09 PM
Its just plane ( plain) sad that we can't have the Avenger...no Wing & a Prayer possibilities....

LEXX_Luthor
08-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Just thinking:: In a "Fantasy" addon pac, the Soviet Union could recieve any plane, any time -- Lend Leace carrier torpedo bombers for example -- between 1941 and 1945 for use on Eastern Front or against the Naval Empire of Japan.

dk91
08-09-2005, 03:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tooz_69GIAP:
The Beaufighter, A-20, G4M1-11, and IL-2T (haven't tried He-111H-6 yet) can all be flown from a carrier, and landed back on it!

And the Betty can be flown off a stationary carrier!!!!

It would be nice to see actual carrier borne torp bombers with arresting gear, but what can ye do? You can practice using these other aircraft is what!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes i know but by carrier torpedo bomber i mean a plane with a hook as well, the ability to return to the ship and being able to land without being an experenced pilot on how to land planes without hooks on carriers (i once landed a J8A on a stationary carrier but even then was just a few inches from the edge).