PDA

View Full Version : "R.U.S.E. is having problems connecting with..."

CorpJohannerrr
09-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Greetings from Canada!

I can't seem to fix this online issue even after putting my PS3 on a DMZ. Doing this seemed to have fixed my connection issues with Red Dead Redemption, but it seems that RUSE is a whole new beast to tame. I honestly can't play online because of this.

So, my PSN ports are open from when I was having issues with RDR, but DMZ setting seemed to fix that problem. I did a connection test on my PS3 and it says I have NAT type 2, UPnP enabled, and all systems go. I searched the portforward site to see if maybe I had to open ports for RUSE PS3 but it says there are too many ports to open and recommended DMZ instead :/ So obviously I have a problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ChilledLJ
09-30-2010, 02:02 PM
It is a problemwith the game,nothing you can do about it apart fromquit and find another game, It only happenson PS3 version

CorpJohannerrr
09-30-2010, 02:13 PM
and your basis for this claim is? give me something to go on here, some facts please.

CorpJohannerrr
09-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Just an update, I disabled my routers' firewall for a moment, as well as took my PS3 ip off DMZ. Did a test and found I still had NAT 2 and everything good. Remember I have my PSN ports forwarded. I ran a game online and found I still have the connection issues. Damn. At least the enemy surrendered and I got the win lol. Anyone got any help other than "it's the game" or "abandon all hope"?

JulyDerek
09-30-2010, 03:07 PM
They are going to release a patch early Oct. Just hang on for a bit mate, hopefully they will fix the problems there.

CorpJohannerrr
09-30-2010, 03:24 PM
where can I get details to this patch? thanks, I'll try to hold on lol

scaramanga1973
10-01-2010, 02:43 AM
Patch details have not yet be made public. They are still investigating alot of the issues. It will be coming, so hang on, it will happen

InfiniteStates
10-01-2010, 02:56 AM
Now you have your PS3 in a DMZ, disable UPnP. It shouldn't make a difference, but in some cases it causes problems. UPnP is moot once your in a DMZ anyway, so it's not needed.

Also make sure your router is allocating a static IP for your PS3, else it may not be in the DMZ each time you turn it on.

Also bear in mind that some games are just virtually unplayable. I find it's only maybe 1 in 10 that are that bad though.

Good luck!

JulyDerek
10-01-2010, 03:12 AM
Also make sure your router is allocating a static IP for your PS3, else it may not be in the DMZ each time you turn it on.

Thanks Charlie. I forgot to mention that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

CorpJohannerrr
10-01-2010, 09:48 AM
thanks for the replys!

I will try to wait for a patch but can someone confirm I actually have a static ip set up here? I have followed the guides on portforward.com but I'm not 100% sure it's right.

So on my PS3 in network settings I have the PS3 ip set at 192.168.2.250...everything else router ip, dns servers, subnet masks are what they should be.
Then on my router page I got to DMZ and it has box under Static IP saying 24.150.237.89 but I can't change this value. Next to this box is one for Private IP and in there I have typed the ip i gave to my ps3: 192.168.2.250...then I check the "enable" box and that's what I've been doing. Is there something special about the Static IP box on this DMZ page?

Sorry for my noobishness...and thanks for the help!

InfiniteStates
10-01-2010, 11:22 AM
I don't know how it is for your router, but you probably don't need to do anything with the PS3. I told my router to assign whatever IP to the MAC address for my PS3 (you can find this in the XMB->System Settings->System Information). Then the router should reserve that IP for your PS3.

The reason for doing this is because the IP is put in the DMZ. So if you didn't reserve it, the router could one day gives that IP to, say, a laptop, then the laptop will be in the DMZ instead (man, I wish PS3 and DMZ didn't rhyme - it makes this hard to type lol).

IPs are decided when devices connect, so if you were using 192.168.0.2 then the first device to connect would probably be given this IP.

Sorry there's not much how I can tell you as it's router specific, but hopefully if you know why it may help http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CorpJohannerrr
10-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Ok so just to make sure I am doing this right...at the DMZ page for my router I have the choice to put either the IP address or the MAC address as the DMZ, which one should I choose? Right now I have it as IP address 192.168.1.20 (my PS3 IP address). I am going to test this now but do I need to disable DHCP Server? Or should I make the PS3 IP outside the DHCP range? Thanks again for your help.

InfiniteStates
10-02-2010, 11:10 AM
No don't mess with DHCP...

And use the MAC address. MAC addresses are fixed to the hardware unit, where as IP addresses can change.

So definitely MAC addresses. Your router sounds pretty nice to set up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CorpJohannerrr
10-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Yea I just bought a Linksys E3000, the guy at Best Buy said it was the best for gaming, but I have yet to see evidence of this...tried DMZ, port range forwarding, still getting issues with this game online...guess I'll just have to wait for this patch and pray.

InfiniteStates
10-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Have you disable UPnP on the PS3? That can cause conflicts with a DMZ (although in theory it shouldn't be a problem).